Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are all ISO fixes compatible?

• 05-03-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Travelling soon abroad and bringing Junior with us. Family abroad have found an ISO fix base unit.

Just wondering are they all compatible as we have a maxi cosy car seat and just wondering if it will fit into the ISO fix or better to use seat belt in car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Unfortunately they’re not all compatible... even some Maxi Cosi brand bases wont work with certain Maxi Cosi seats. It would probably be handier to use the seatbelt... just practice a good few times before you go

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Which maxi cosi seat do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Toots wrote: »
    Which maxi cosi seat do you have?

Not sure it was family hand down and can't see any model number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

google image it! Is it a baby seat? If so the following might help!
    For the cabriofix it works with the family fix or easy fix base. I have the easy fixbase and it can be fitted with a seatbelt and has a blue plastic lever thing in it. The family fix base doesn’t have this. I think tge family fix base has a battery in it that beeps if seat is not on correctly.

There is an old base called an easy base 2 which is not an isofix base.

The pebble seat only uses the family fix base.

There is the 2way base which is basically the new family fix base but goes with the new pebble seat the old pebble wont go on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Where abroad are you going?
    If it’s not a Maxi Cosi base you won’t fit your seat in it. Be sure to bubble wrap your seat well before you check it!

• Advertisement

Millem - the family fix does beep. I have one- it’s quite the gizmo (I swapped it with a friend who needed an easy fix to fit in her new car)- it has three lights and a beep to show correct installation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

The seat and base are below

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/en-ie/maxi-cosi-cabriofix-baby-car-seat-easyfix-base-nomad-black/p/5567ll200

Only going to UK and its first trip with junior on a plane. Not sure about bubble wrap. We wheel pram up to the plane with junior on board and then they take seat and pram for hold. This correct?

Just googling videos on applying seat belt for rear facing baby seat.

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/en-ie/maxi-cosi-cabriofix-baby-car-seat-easyfix-base-nomad-black/p/5567ll200

Only going to UK and its first trip with junior on a plane. Not sure about bubble wrap. We wheel pram up to the plane with junior on board and then they take seat and pram for hold. This correct?

If you’re using your car seat on the buggy wheels then yes, that’s what happens. But if you’re bringing your buggy seat part/bassinet, then you’re car seat will be checked in at oversized baggage.
    Having observed some baggage handlers flinging suitcases around, I wouldn’t just send your seat off and hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

That’s the one I have. They are compatible;)

Advertisement