Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't find a bill with my account number, how can I retrieve my number?

Options
  • 05-03-2018 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi,

I can't find any old bills with my account number and I want to contact customer service about adding someone to my account. When I call they are looking for my account number and I can't find any old bills. How can I retrieve this number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Take the MPRN serial number from the face of the meter, then ring ESB and quote it. They will give you the a/c number. (As long as you are the named account holder)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Take the MPRN serial number from the face of the meter, then ring ESB and quote it. They will give you the a/c number. (As long as you are the named account holder)

I rang ESB with the MPRN number and they said they couldn't access Electric Ireland accounts and just gave me their customer service number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi unknowngirl,

If you wait on the phone line until all options are listed, you will be put through to the next available advisor.

Alternatively, we can provide the Electric Ireland account number in question if you private message us the telephone number on the account, name, address and date of birth.

We just need to advise that the MPRN can only be found on a bill, but the serial number on the meter can be used to search for the MPRN by ESB Networks or by billing provider if this MPRN is on the billing provider's system.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement