Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 8 or iPhone 7

Options
  • 05-03-2018 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

So in need of a new phone... Have looked thru this forum and at a good few online reviews and can't decide whether it's worth going the extra €200ish for the 8. Will be getting it on Bill Pay. I can't shake the feeling that I should just get the newest phone cos I intend on keeping it for as long as it works.

The only reason I'm getting a new phone is cos my nexus 5x bootlooped to death and I'm getting a refund. I liked iOS when I used it before and the continuity of updates appeals to me.

Help me spend my money please.

PS no budget for the iPhone X!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I'm still happy with my 7 Plus. i felt no need to upgrade to the 8, all i would have benefited from was wireless charging. With apple offering a cheaper battery replacement now, when mine goes to crap, ill do that and hold on for another year to 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

morritty wrote: »
    I'm still happy with my 7 Plus. i felt no need to upgrade to the 8, all i would have benefited from was wireless charging. With apple offering a cheaper battery replacement now, when mine goes to crap, ill do that and hold on for another year to 18 months.

If you were to buy today if your 7 plus broke, say, what would you replace it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If you can afford the 8 then get that as it's a newer model and had higher spec camera and also will be better for future iOS updates and will have a better resale value.

Otherwise get the 7 as it's a good phone.

It's your decision at the end of the day and everybody's circumstances and reasoning is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

levi wrote: »
    If you were to buy today if your 7 plus broke, say, what would you replace it with?
    I'd get another 7 Plus personally. Just not jet black this time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Can't go too wrong with the 7, but if you can afford to I would go for the 8. It will last you an extra year for sure over the 7. You're not really getting bang for your buck right now as the 7 and 8 are pretty similar, but it'll hopefully pay you back in 2/3 years time if you plan on holding on to the phone for that length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

There are ‘brand new’ iPhone 8’s being sold for €639 on Adverts. Are these legit? How can they retail at almost €200 less than Apple. Am tempted but heading to US next month so think I’ll buy there...Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

skankles wrote: »
    There are ‘brand new’ iPhone 8’s being sold for €639 on Adverts. Are these legit? How can they retail at almost €200 less than Apple. Am tempted but heading to US next month so think I’ll buy there...Any thoughts?

Cheaper iPhones? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057862123

With regard to the US, it’s been asked literally dozens of times. A search of "iPhone USA" should give you loads of threads.

Advertisement