Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling installation

Options
  • 05-03-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

friends of mine have tried to cancel their FTTH order with Eir. The connection has not been installed yet. 

Obviously, as they're not installed yet, they can't log into myEir to cancel it. They've been trying to ring, but have been stuck in the waiting queue for 3 1/2 hours without getting anywhere.

Is there a procedure, where they can cancel their installation in writing or per email ? If so, where is this procedure documented.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Marlow wrote: »
    Hi,

friends of mine have tried to cancel their FTTH order with Eir. The connection has not been installed yet. 

Obviously, as they're not installed yet, they can't log into myEir to cancel it. They've been trying to ring, but have been stuck in the waiting queue for 3 1/2 hours without getting anywhere.

Is there a procedure, where they can cancel their installation in writing or per email ? If so, where is this procedure documented.
    Hi Marlow, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to hear this, if they dial 1800 303 610 they will get through to an agent who can assist them. Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange cancellations from here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Hi,
    that has been tried without joy.

Is there a way to do this by email or letter, as obviously that team is completely understaffed and unable to take calls in due time.

/M

Hi,
    that has been tried without joy.

Is there a way to do this by email or letter, as obviously that team is completely understaffed and unable to take calls in due time.

/M
    Unfortunately, there is no alternative, the cancellation has to be logged with an agent over the phone before the request can be processed. This is the standard procedure I'm afraid. 

Apologies for the delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Well, 

I guess, this needs to be escalated to Comreg then. Because my friends were on the phone for 3 1/2 hours without getting to speak to an agent trying to cancel their order.

It is ridiculous, that there is no alternative escalation path for this. A letter or fax would be legally sufficient to cancel and would have to be actioned by Eir.

Not providing the information on how to do this is surely not legal.

/M

Well, 

I guess, this needs to be escalated to Comreg then. Because my friends were on the phone for 3 1/2 hours without getting to speak to an agent trying to cancel their order.

It is ridiculous, that there is no alternative escalation path for this. A letter or fax would be legally sufficient to cancel and would have to be actioned by Eir.

Not providing the information on how to do this is surely not legal.

/M
    I understand your frustration here, however, there is no other way to cancel the service. I wouldn't be keeping this information from you, all information in relation to this can be seen here - https://www.eir.ie/support/billing/how-to-cancel-your-eir-services/

These teams can be very busy at times. The only alternative there is would be to contact our sales team on 1800 503 303 (option 1) and they can transfer you through to the cancellation team but if they are busy you would be put into a queue I'm afraid. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement

That page only describes how to cancel an existing connection / service.

It does not explain how to cancel a sales order, that has not been completed yet.

/M

That page only describes how to cancel an existing connection / service.

It does not explain how to cancel a sales order, that has not been completed yet.

/M
    Most cancellations would be a similar process, in this case, you don't have to give the 30 day's notice. The cancellation is processed straight away.  

Thanks

Tracey 

If you can get through, which most customers don't seem to be able to.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It doesn't bode well that Eir's cancellation team is so busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It doesn't bode well that Eir's cancellation team is so busy
    Hi gimli2112 ,

Due to a high volume of calls, there may be long wait times to get through to an operator.

Apologies for this.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Cancel your Direct Debit and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Hi,

If they cannot get through to anyone in Eir, cancel when KN call to make the appointment for install. It will go down as customer refuses service and go back to the provider as a failed order. AFAIK there are no cost implications 

Riva10 wrote: »
    Cancel your Direct Debit and forget about it.
    Cancelling your direct debit only cancels your agreement with your bank. It doesn't cancel your contract or order with Eir (or any other provider). So that's not a solution.

All that does is, that they can't take any money, but puts you in bad credit rating.

If they cannot get through to anyone in Eir, cancel when KN call to make the appointment for install. It will go down as customer refuses service and go back to the provider as a failed order. AFAIK there are no cost implications 
    That would normally work. But it doesn't in this case, because they're ordering from another provider using OpenEIR and hence KN, since Eir has let them down.

And they can't get that service, until Eir takes their cancellation. So they're held hostage up until that point.

Also: there is a charge with most providers in the case where the installer turns up and you refuse to take the service. So that's not a very good option.

Eir needs to either fix their cancellation process or their staffing issues.

/M

Advertisement