Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Act entry and Act smart fob reader.

Options
  • 05-03-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi folks, just wondering has anyone knocked across door not releasing the mag lock with a act entry and act smart fob reader on outside and push switch and green bgu on inside with act entry receiver at reception area.
    Working for maybe 15 releases then nothing and might come back on stream again and so forth.
    This is the second one in 2 weeks I have come across these worked 100% up to recent, they were installed about 3 yrs ago.
    If anyone can advice or help it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Welcome to boards. I think your query relates to a security/access system, so have moved your thread here.

@Mods - If I completely misunderstood this feel free to move to a more appropriate forum.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi folks, just wondering has anyone knocked across door not releasing the mag lock with a act entry and act smart fob reader on outside and push switch and green bgu on inside with act entry receiver at reception area. Working for maybe 15 releases then nothing and might come back on stream again and so forth. This is the second one in 2 weeks I have come across these worked 100% up to recent, they were installed about 3 yrs ago. If anyone can advice or help it would be great.

What rating is the Power Supply unit?
    Is it a Mini Mag or a Standard one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Derekdoc121

kub wrote: »
    What rating is the Power Supply unit?
    Is it a Mini Mag or a Standard one?

Mini mag lock.
    24v 3amp psu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Mini mag lock.
    24v 3amp psu

Is this your own premises that you are working on ?

no, its a site i service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think you need to be PSA registered to do access control these days, you may well be, just be mindful if you aren’t.

Hi Colm, Have PSA licence. Was just wondering if this fault was popping up with anyone else , contacted manufacture and didnt get a answer to problem tbh. usually these products are bomb proof but 2 are giving issues as of recent times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi folks, just wondering has anyone knocked across door not releasing the mag lock with a act entry and act smart fob reader on outside and push switch and green bgu on inside with act entry receiver at reception area.
    Working for maybe 15 releases then nothing and might come back on stream again and so forth.
    This is the second one in 2 weeks I have come across these worked 100% up to recent, they were installed about 3 yrs ago.
    If anyone can advice or help it would be great.

When you say it sometimes releases, is this when you release from the PTE at the door or from the ACTentry receiver at reception?

I know that I heard complaints on the ACTentry before that it was prone to issues. First thing have you looked at the release button on the intercom and checked all connections? Although there are plenty of intercom systems, Comelit are the most common and seem to be less prone to issues.

Mr. G wrote: »
    When you say it sometimes releases, is this when you release from the PTE at the door or from the ACTentry receiver at reception?

I know that I heard complaints on the ACTentry before that it was prone to issues. First thing have you looked at the release button on the intercom and checked all connections? Although there are plenty of intercom systems, Comelit are the most common and seem to be less prone to issues.

Problem sorted it was intercom / release side board was gone faulty , you were bang on. I was told they do give problems espically when used a lot.

Thks

Advertisement