Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Father Ted - Sign Up Thread - OP UPDATED WITH RULES AND ROLES 23.3.18

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    See above statement re: Mayor.

So, You are newly elected mayor,
    you can overturn this lynch, but if you do, you have to give that person a gun with two bullets that need to be used by this time tomorrow.
    If you dont overturn the lynch, well, you have to choose somebody else, not yourself btw, to give the gun to, and if that person happened to be given a gun last night, we'll confirm that for you and ask you to choose somebody else instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The Mayor will be briefed sk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

sKeith wrote: »
    So, You are newly elected mayor,
    you can overturn this lynch, but if you do, you have to give that person a gun with two bullets that need to be used by this time tomorrow.
    That wasn't my understanding:confused:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That wasn't my understanding:confused:
    an example briefing that an elected mayor could get at 9pm, when somebody is ready to dangle.
    :D

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    That wasn't my understanding

Rest assured any elected mayor will not be confused.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pter wrote: »
    Rest assured any elected mayor will not be confused.

Don't underestimate my ability to be befuddled and confused. I am over 40

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    Don't underestimate my ability to be befuddled and confused. I am over 40

Whatever you say boss.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Character names are flavour only, and not in any way indicative of alignment.

So, is there any prohibition on revealing our character? There's nothing to say what character is linked to what role, is there? For example, John could be villager and Mary could be wolf even though "on show" they come as a couple.

(May be a bad example considering how they hate each other on the show so being on opposing teams might suit the dynamics of the game, but I hope you get the meaning of the question.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, is there any prohibition on revealing our character? There's nothing to say what character is linked to what role, is there? For example, John could be villager and Mary could be wolf even though "on show" they come as a couple.

(May be a bad example considering how they hate each other on the show so being on opposing teams might suit the dynamics of the game, but I hope you get the meaning of the question.)

No prohibition. Characters are not alignment indicative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »

This was the point of us doing a fully randomised game. It gives people the opportunity to properly role play the characters they've been assigned. We're hoping people will properly get into the spirit of their character and have some fun with it.

• Advertisement

Don't know Father Ted that well - only watched it once through once, though of course a lot of the famous stuff has sunk through. Will probably have to Google my character to figure out how to behave. And then probably be accused of doing a task .... sigh!

quickbeam wrote:
    Don't know Father Ted that well - only watched it once through once, though of course a lot of the famous stuff has sunk through. Will probably have to Google my character to figure out how to behave. And then probably be accused of doing a task .... sigh!

As per the op characters are flavour, not connected to roles, so playing along is encouraged.

As per the op characters are flavour, not connected to roles, so playing along is encouraged.

To the Google-machine so ........

PS. I'm drunk right now. First time since Stephen's Day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Questions questions.....

Can the mayor nominate themselves as vig?

Can a wolf ream successfully convert someone from the other wolf team?

If they did would that wolf lose access to their previous wolf room?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Also if two teams look to convert the same player how is this decided

Yo, Trit, where you at for tomorrow's meet?

tritium wrote: »
    Questions questions.....

Can the mayor nominate themselves as vig?

Can a wolf ream successfully convert someone from the other wolf team?

If they did would that wolf lose access to their previous wolf room?

1. The Mayor will be briefed in full for his/her term in office.

2. No. There can be no cross pollination of infections.

3. See #2

tritium wrote: »
    Also if two teams look to convert the same player how is this decided

The team who put in the order first will be awarded the conversion.

if conversion fails, they know they have hit an enemy wolf or a power role (including the hidden role), or a temp vig.

• Advertisement

if conversion fails, they know they have hit an enemy wolf or a power role (including the hidden role), or a temp vig.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Necrominus wrote: »
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Kolido wrote: »
    ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

giphy.gif

You win this round, Kolido.

Necrominus wrote:
    You win this round, Kolido.

Maybe now you understand what it's like to be threatened with a bullet.

Maybe now you understand what it's like to be threatened with a bullet.

You brought this on yourselves people.

source.gif

Hey guys, sorry busy day in work so I'm a few pages behind. I'm pretty suss of molly and Necrominus so far. They seem to know some things that the village don't and they've been very pal-ey with each other all day.

Also I'm forever suss of Henry

will there be a 'no mayor' option on the mayor vote form, so that the village as a whole can choose to have the 'no mayor' option win as majority vote, as they cant decide not to vote as it is mandatory.

will there be a 'no mayor' option on the mayor vote form, so that the village as a whole can choose to have the 'no mayor' option win as majority vote, as they cant decide not to vote as it is mandatory.

No mayor, no vig, no bullets.

NO ****ING BULLETS SK!!!!

• Advertisement

No mayor, no vig, no bullets.

NO ****ING BULLETS SK!!!!

sometimes a better option for the village than lots of dead goodies

Advertisement