Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Father Ted - Sign Up Thread - OP UPDATED WITH RULES AND ROLES 23.3.18

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

@ Mick guess who hasn't seen father ted!

I'll put your head through the wall for that TB!!

Actually, I only saw it for the first time last year. So I'm not too far behind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'll put your head through the wall for that TB!!

Actually, I only saw it for the first time last year. So I'm not too far behind you.

That's some non QB level aggression right there!

I have seen bits, but it always seems to be the same bits over and over, it's not a show I go out of my way to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"There's a game starting the 25th"

"No. Don't even ****ing think about it."

Put me down as a sub sure

*Edit*

"Don't actually go down as a sub you dick, you can miss one"

Maybe just the DR for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

So how many priests will be in this game? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Feck,

Im in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kolido wrote: »
    So how many priests will be in this game? :D

That would be an ecumenical matter. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Feck,

Im in.

Well, if you're in, maybe I should be in too.
    Painful times for rooskie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Feck,

Im in.

3rd sub - if a spot opens up, we will get you in after the other 2 subs.
    Uriel. wrote: »
    Well, if you're in, maybe I should be in too.
    Painful times for rooskie ;)

Nah im grand. How are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Only seeing this now.

I’d like to put name down although it looks like I might be watching from the sidelines given the interest.

I remember watching “song for Europe” the morning of my wedding to help calm the nerves. Still hard to believe there are so few episodes!

Douglal- “What time is it ted?”
    Ted- “Twelve O’clock”
    Dougal-“And the Eurovision starts in”
    Ted- “May”!!!

Given the demand for spots, ill hold the reserved spaces until Sunday.

We will then have a pre-game game running next week.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    3rd sub - if a spot opens up, we will get you in after the other 2 subs.

Nah im grand. How are you?

Im fine and dandy.

Hows about you

Im fine and dandy.

Hows about you

I....already said....im grand.

I....already said....im grand.

That's not much of a feeling

That's not much of a feeling

1972916_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Given the demand for spots, ill hold the reserved spaces until Sunday.

We will then have a pre-game game running next week.

Can you not just add more players to the game? A smart lad like you can re-balance :p

Can you not just add more players to the game? A smart lad like you can re-balance :p

The game we have developed and built is based on 20 players.

Im really sorry if someone doesnt get to play, but due to the game being built the way it is, time constraints, and mod availability, we cant really up the amount of players.

Ill add that in every game we have played recently, there has been a need for subs, so being on the subs list doenst mean you wont be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

The game we have developed and built is based on 20 players.

Im really sorry if someone doesnt get to play, but due to the game being built the way it is, time constraints, and mod availability, we cant really up the amount of players.

Ill add that in every game we have played recently, there has been a need for subs, so being on the subs list doenst mean you wont be playing.

As a matter on interest do you plan on having a subs bench for filling in modkills etc? It’s fairly common over on MU but might be useful to let folks know if it’s the plan here given it’s non anon and there’s a risk someone may get lynched for being a sub on the back of “they must have a role or they’d have modkilled”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tritium wrote:
    As a matter on interest do you plan on having a subs bench for filling in modkills etc? It’s fairly common over on MU but might be useful to let folks know if it’s the plan here given it’s non anon and there’s a risk someone may get lynched for being a sub on the back of “they must have a role or they’d have modkilledâ€

Yes, subs bench for sure. To replace any and all modkills (so not role indicative)

Anyone that drops out, role or not, will be subbed, rather than their spot just killed off.

We think it will mean less rebalancing work as well, which hopefully is a positive thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Anyone that drops out, role or not, will be subbed, rather than their spot just killed off.

We think it will mean less rebalancing work as well, which hopefully is a positive thing.

Could that be extended into day 1 or 2 of the actual game. Is it possible to sub a non poster on say day 2? Thinking Barbara in last game.

Would mean restricting deadroom access for non participants of course.

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Could that be extended into day 1 or 2 of the actual game. Is it possible to sub a non poster on say day 2? Thinking Barbara in last game.

Yeah the subs wouldn't be allowed DR access. We've done it before. Admittedly it's a lot easier with anon accounts but it certainly can be done.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Yep that is the intention. Not something we have done recently, as we have included anyone that wanted to play in the game and let that decide the size. However, during the game if there were genuine reasons for someone to drop out, we then had no pool of people to bring in to replace them.

You then get into giving one side or another a bullet or advantage to balance the game, and you can end up with the first character dropped out, and a second person out via the bullet you gave to balance the game.

The limit and subs list is just something we want to try again to see if it resolves these issues. As i said, we have had need for subs in the middle of the last few games, so i think its worth exploring; and our game is built for 20 people anyway, so it all works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

/out, i'll give my place up to somebody else and take my place last on the subs bench please.

sKeith wrote: »
    /out, i'll give my place up to somebody else and take my place last on the subs bench please.

:( You sure?

I hear you’re a Werewolf now Father!

Unfortunately I’ll be 2 weeks in to my new job, will be offline 9-5:30, trying to catch up all night, and be lynched for being a low poster. It just won’t work.

Uh, no. I'm modding this game so the low posters can sleep easy.
    They lie in wait like wolves, the smell of blood in their nostrils. Waiting, interminably waiting, and then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necrominus wrote: »
    :( You sure?

I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How does it work for a sub coming in and having to answer for posts of the previous poster who they are replacing?

Sort of gives them a chance to hide (sure it wasn’t me posting!) and reset the character. Or if the village is paranoid enough which is always a strong possibility , you could be subbed in and lynched!

If I am subbed in I’m gonna immediately announce I am the seer, with powers of a priest and the protection of a BG... and the holy stone of Clonrichert that gives me the power of greyskull.

And I’d announce that Henry, wherever he is, can suck my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot wrote: »
    How does it work for a sub coming in and having to answer for posts of the previous poster who they are replacing?

Sort of gives them a chance to hide (sure it wasn’t me posting!) and reset the character. Or if the village is paranoid enough which is always a strong possibility , you could be subbed in and lynched!

If I am subbed in I’m gonna immediately announce I am the seer, with powers of a priest and the protection of a BG... and the holy stone of Clonrichert that gives me the power of greyskull.

Curse that henry fell, curse that handsome devil.

The village tried to lynch me for being too gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pretty much what happened me in the Simpsons game Drummer. Damn you Necro! :)

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »

The BTTF game has forever 'ruined' the anon accounts of Henry and Nigel for me. I will never be able to not suspect Henry now, and I will never not be able to have a wee chuckle thinking about Nigel's antics in the BTTF game.

One of many good ones from the BR...

Wolves: So we should be alright in the next kill once Biff is wearing his protection vest.

Nigel: Knowing this game, it's probably just a regular vest. With no protection at all.

:D

Advertisement