Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Father Ted - Sign Up Thread - OP UPDATED WITH RULES AND ROLES 23.3.18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot.... , it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Drumpot wrote: »
    How does it work for a sub coming in and having to answer for posts of the previous poster who they are replacing?

Sort of gives them a chance to hide (sure it wasn’t me posting!) and reset the character. Or if the village is paranoid enough which is always a strong possibility , you could be subbed in and lynched!

If I am subbed in I’m gonna immediately announce I am the seer, with powers of a priest and the protection of a BG... and the holy stone of Clonrichert that gives me the power of greyskull.

And I’d announce that Henry, wherever he is, can suck my balls.

I've subbed into a few games over on MU and it does add something interesting to the game dynamic. Usually there's a bit of a scramble to try to undo any damage the previous incumbent has done while still being useful to whichever side youre on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tritium wrote: »
    I've subbed into a few games over on MU and it does add something interesting to the game dynamic. Usually there's a bit of a scramble to try to undo any damage the previous incumbent has done while still being useful to whichever side youre on

Speaking of MU... you should check the WW discussion thread for an upcoming game ;)

Necrominus wrote: »
    Speaking of MU... you should check the WW discussion thread for an upcoming game ;)

Sweet Jeebus, looks like we're taking over over there ::)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sweet Jeebus, looks like we're taking over over there ::)

Hell yeah we are :D

rvKeKfOlxfjk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Why is the game limited btw??

Can you not just add another SK to speed it up?

Im in anyway put me down as the 47th sub!
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah I'm very hard to kill apparently. I mean... that horrible cnut Derry :o:o

VCh7z8tnv54u.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

This game isn't anon though right??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The Fr Ted game will be played with the boards accounts. Not anon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ardinn wrote: »
    Why is the game limited btw??

Can you not just add another SK to speed it up?

Im in anyway put me down as the 47th sub!

We have built the game for 20 people, and want to try subs again. As i said previously, being on the subs list doesnt mean you wont play!

And if we dont get any newbies by Sunday, 2 of the subs will go into those spots.

Fair play to SK for your plug in AH. Much appreciated!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106381271&postcount=66

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    This game isn't anon though right??

Neither are the MU ones. Usually you just get an in game announcement at start of day that Billy Bob has replaced PeggySue and everyone grills BillyBob for the next hour on what PeggySue was doing standing over the blooded corpse of Mayor Quimby while coughing up fur balls before lynching someone else in a Chinese Fire Drill :pac:

Pter wrote: »

So you’re saying the money was only resting in your account father?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not sure how I missed this and with the amount of subs already I doubt I'll get the chance to be father fluffy bottom or even Eoin McLove and announce you've no Willy on thread to win a golden cleric or the opportunity to kick bishop Brennan up the
    Arse.

Aka I'm in, or at least on the subs bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Not sure how I missed this and with the amount of subs already I doubt I'll get the chance to be father fluffy bottom or even Eoin McLove and announce you've no Willy on thread to win a golden cleric or the opportunity to kick bishop Brennan up the
    Arse.

Aka I'm in, or at least on the subs bench

know how you feel. Well, if we dont get in, we can burn down Ptrs gaff

Newbie deadline passed. Player list updated.

Dear Father Ted players,

After some intricate and precise calculations, we have decided to up the player pool to 25 players. This decision has come about because we got much stronger and higher demand for this game than we expected, and we think it would be counter to the great community in the forum not to include as many players as humanely possible in the game.

As such, the list of 25 players, as below, is our final player pool (unless someone drops out pre-game). We have rebuilt the game from the ground up over the weekend (Necro and I really need to get a life), so hopefully it will run as smoothly as the game we built for 20 players. Why 25? Well, first off its the number of sign ups we currently have, so thats quite neat and tidy; and secondly, its also coincidentally the same number as the number of eps of Fr. Ted. As such, you will understand that any further sign ups to the game will go on a subs list, and there will be no further revision of game numbers (upwards at least).

Player List:

1. Quickbeam
    2. Loughc
    3. Kolido
    4. Duffman
    5. Pawwed Rig
    6. Lord TSC
    7. BeakerJoe
    8. Kitten k
    9. Micksjaguar
    10. Partyjungle
    11. Stu redman
    12. Sullivlo
    13. Strawberry milkshake
    14. TB
    15. Barney
    16. Mr Kingsley
    17. Mrs Flushdraw
    18. Grumpylumpy
    19. Tritium
    20. The Valeyard
    21. Uriel
    22. Drumpot
    23. Ardinn
    24. Bounty Hunter
    25. Arabtinian

Subs

With that in mind, we are happy to introduce you to our pre-game game. Please choose your favourite Fr Ted episode from the list at the bottom of this post. Certain episodes have very special prizes attached to them. Please note winners will not be announced, and you will find out if and what you have won when the game begins.

Episode List

1"Good Luck, Father Ted" Chosen by Bounty Hunter
    A television programme offers to interview Father Ted Crilly. However Ted goes to extreme lengths to ensure the other members of the clergy on the island don't interrupt his moment in the spotlight. Meanwhile Craggy Island hosts Fun Land, a fun fair to which Dougal is desperate to go. Ted takes the film crew to the fair, leading to a massive mess.

2 "Entertaining Father Stone" Chosen by Loughc
    Ted and Dougal are devastated as an unbearably boring, yet inoffensive, priest Father Stone arrives on Craggy Island for his annual visit. Ted prays for Father Stone to be taken away, but is later wracked with guilt when Father Stone is struck by lightning. The title is a pun on the Joe Orton play Entertaining Mr Sloane.

3 "The Passion of Saint Tibulus" Chosen by Ardinn
    Bishop Leonard Brennan arrives at the parochial house on an official visit with news that a blasphemous film, condemned by the pope and banned everywhere, is being shown in Craggy Island. He orders them to make a stand and protest at the cinema. Meanwhile Ted and Dougal also reveal new secrets about the Bishop's past.

4 "Competition Time" Chosen by Drumpot
    With the annual 'All Priests Stars in Their Eyes Lookalike Competition' Father Ted, determined to beat his arch nemesis Father Dick Byrne from Rugged Island, reveals his Elvis costume, only to find that Dougal and Jack have the exact same costume for themselves. Meanwhile, television celebrity Henry Sellers stays at the house.

5 "And God Created Woman" Chosen by Mrs. Flushdraw
    Father Ted meets novelist Polly Clarke at the book signing for her latest novel Bejewelled with Kisses. Ted then finds out that Polly is renting a cottage across the island as he begins to fall for her, and she invites him for more 'book chat'. Meanwhile Dougal, Mrs Doyle and Father Jack get in the way of Ted's plans causing disruption.

6 "Grant Unto Him Eternal Rest" Chosen by Lord TSC
    Father Ted is unconcerned when he discovers Jack has drunk a bottle of floor polish, but Sister Monica realises that a lack of pulse and no breathing can only mean one thing, Father Jack is dead. However, Jack has left some money in his will for Ted and Dougal. But will he stay dead enough for them to get it?

7 "Hell" - Chosen by Kolido
    Ted, Dougal and Jack take their annual holiday and encounter Father Noel Furlong.

8 "Think Fast, Father Ted" Chosen by The Valeyard
    When Ted holds a raffle, he destroys the prize - a new car. The title is a play on the novel "Think Fast, Mr. Moto", by John P. Marquand and the film of the same title starring Peter Lorre.

9 "Tentacles of Doom" Chosen by Grumpylumpy
    Three bishops visit the island. A worried Ted gives Jack elocution lessons beforehand. "That would be an ecumenical matter".

10 "Old Grey Whistle Theft" Chosen by Arabtinian
    Dougal starts hanging around with a rebellious priest, Father Damo Lennon. Meanwhile a valuable whistle is stolen. The title is a pun on the BBC music show The Old Grey Whistle Test

11 "A Song for Europe" Chosen by MicksJaguar
    Ted is goaded by Father Dick Byrne into attempting to write a song for "Eurosong '96" (spoof of the Eurovision Song Contest). Despite having a song with only one note, Ireland's fear of winning again (and having to fund it) plays into Ted and Dougal's hands. This mirrors the real life belief that Ireland chose the 1994 Eurovision entry, "Rock 'n' Roll Kids", which was thought to differ greatly from the typical winning song, so as to ensure that they did not have to host the contest again.

12 "The Plague" Chosen by Tritium
    The parochial house is infested by rabbits, just as the very rabbit-phobic Bishop Brennan plans a visit.

13 "Rock a Hula Ted" Chosen by QB
    A female singer (a parody of Sinead O'Connor) visits the island just when Ted is judging the annual Lovely Girls competition, a parody of Ireland's Rose of Tralee festival.

14 "Cigarettes and Alcohol and Rollerblading" Chosen by Uriel
    In a game of one-upmanship with Dick Byrne, Ted decides the three priests must give something up for Lent. Father Jack gives up alcohol, Dougal gives up rollerblading and Ted gives up smoking. The title is taken from that of an Oasis song, "Cigarettes and Alcohol".

15 "New Jack City" Chosen by SM
    Jack's hairy hands get him sent to an old priests' home. Unfortunately his replacement, Father Fintan Stack, is much worse. An avid fan of jungle music, he doesn't take kindly to the other inhabitants of the parochial house. The title is taken from the movie New Jack City.

16 "Flight Into Terror" Chosen by Sullivlo
    A flight back from a pilgrimage runs out of fuel and there are only two parachutes. Meanwhile Jack discovers a supply of alcohol in the luggage compartment of the plane. Only one man can save the passengers... Passenger Father Gallagher.

17 "A Christmassy Ted" Chosen by Kitten K
    Ted's quick thinking whilst lost in a department store's lingerie department earns him the coveted Golden Cleric award. So why doesn't he feel happy? Mrs Doyle's attempts to hang up the Christmas decorations become undone around her. She's also none too pleased at her Christmas present. Meanwhile, an "old friend" of Ted decides the time is ripe for a visit. When first shown, this hour-long episode attracted Channel 4's largest ever non-film audience viewing figures.

18 "Are You Right There Father Ted?" Chosen by TB
    Ted's "Chinaman" impression goes down badly with Craggy Island's newly arrived Chinese community and he is branded a racist. In an attempt to prove he isn't a racist, Ted decides to hold a presentation on multiculturalism in Craggy Island to the Chinese. The title is a play on "Are Ye Right There Michael", a comic song by Percy French about the West Clare Railway.

19 "Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep" Chosen by Stu Redman
    Ted makes a large bet on the King of the Sheep competition. Unfortunately, Chris, his chosen sheep, has heard rumours about a sheep-eating beast and isn't feeling at all himself. The title is a pun on a 1970s bubblegum pop song, "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep".

20 "Speed 3" Chosen by BJ
    When Ted and Dougal expose a philandering milkman, Pat Mustard, he takes revenge on his replacement, Dougal, by putting a bomb on the milk float. If Dougal's speed drops below 4 mph, the bomb will explode, taking Dougal with it...

21 "The Mainland" "Chosen" by Mr Kingsley
    When Ted, Dougal, Jack and Mrs Doyle go on a trip to the mainland, all kinds of trouble ensues.

22 "Escape from Victory" Chosen by Barney
    Part 1 of 2. Ted takes great steps to ensure he wins a bet with Dick Byrne on the outcome of the All-Priests Over-75's Five-a-Side Football Championship. The title is a pun on the football movie Escape to Victory, about a football game played between prisoners of war and their guards in World War II.

23 "Kicking Bishop Brennan Up the Arse" Chosen by Duffman
    Part 2 of 2. The only episode to follow on directly from the previous one. Exposed as a cheat at the end of the previous episode, and with this episode's title as his forfeit, a terrified Ted tries to draw upon his courage to complete the deed.

24 "Night of the Nearly Dead" Chosen by Pawwed Rig
    The visit of a young daytime TV presenter, Eoin McLove, causes excitement for the island's aging females. The title is a pun on the movie Night of the Living Dead. Eoin McLove is a parody of Daniel O'Donnell (Irish singer)

25 "Going to America" Chosen by PJ
    Ted gets the opportunity of a lifetime, but can't bring himself to break it to the others that they're not invited. The title is a pun on the movie Coming to America. Musician and artist Brian Eno appears as "Father Brian Eno" at the "It's Great Being a Priest!" convention. The episode ends with a montage containing one clip from every previous episode, in reverse order.

TL;DR

Its Necro's fault; pick an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Lucky No. 7 please, I guess that damns me to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

14. Ciggies alcohol and roller blading

Song for Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

18 "Are You Right There Father Ted?"

Speed 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

23 kicking B8shop Brennan up the arse. Too many choices in that list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Escape from victory please. 22.

duffman13 wrote: »
    23 kicking B8shop Brennan up the arse. Too many choices in that list :)

I agree too, I feel sad I can only pick one. Never a bad episode made IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Number 17 please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Please pop me on the subs list please.

15. New Jack City

Please and thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

8 "Think Fast, Father Ted"

Cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam