Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying off Donedeal, Adverts etc.

Options
  • 05-03-2018 10:37pm

I’m looking to do some upgrading and I’ve been browsing the usual places for used parts, rather than buy brand new.

One thing that has occurred to me, is that there seems to be certain sellers that flog a lot of bike parts.

In general, if someone has a whole load of used parts from different group sets, would these be suspicious? I know there are a number of people who huband sell bikes and chop and change parts to add value, so I’m quite happy to buy from one of these, but I’m a bit worried I might be looking at guys who basically strip down stolen bikes and sell them in parts.

Should I be worried, or am I being paranoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

DoneDeal is a lottery I suppose, but the nice thing about the adverts section here and on adverts.ie is the seller has a profile you can look back over and make a more informed decision on weather you'd like to deal with them or not!

SomeFool wrote: »
    DoneDeal is a lottery I suppose, but the nice thing about the adverts section here and on adverts.ie is the seller has a profile you can look back over and make a more informed decision on weather you'd like to deal with them or not!

oh yeah, I have no issue with the adverts section on here, for some reason this seems safer as it is frequented by obvious cycling enthusiasts. It is the sellers on public sites that always seem to have a lot of gear for sale that concern me.

Maybe i am just being over cautious though.

Advertisement