Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish VOIP Services over EIR or 3 Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 05-03-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I have been using Goldfish for years without issue and a great service. I recently throw a wobblier with a Satelitte BB supplier who mis-sold me a service and I made them refund and remove the service....

Now VOIP was working across it no issue

However I now have both EIR and 3 Ireland BB 4G unlimited with 40 -90mb down and 20 up and Im happy with their service.

However I have failed to get VOIP (goldfish) to register across port 8060...... Firewall is off...

Ha anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're behind carrier NAT, you dont have a public IP to yourself. Provider has to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Midlands2011

Hi Ed

Yes that would be the case, I dont have a public IP and you can be spot on . However my VOIP unit goes out looking to register on the Goldfish Service across 8060, so its setting up the connection to the provider. We have many other modems working across GPRS and they are the same but they coming looking to connect to our server and set up a connection to them whereby we can bi-directionally communicate with the end node (not SIP).

I will ask Goldfish this question

Thanks for your comment

Advertisement