Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest legal way to watch the Golf?

Options
  • 05-03-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

What is the cheapest way to watch the PGA, European Tour etc. Is Sky the only reliable and cheapest legal way to watch the golf in Ireland. I know Vodafone is another option.

My understanding is with sky i'd need the basic package + sky sports resulting in a cost of about 80 euro a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You can always find a family member/friend who has it and ask them can you use their sky go :)

Thats what I do. My dad has sky sports and I use the sky go to watch whatever I want from the comfort of my own home.

You could offer to throw the keeper of the sky you are borrowing from a few quid for the trouble ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

backspin. wrote: »
    What is the cheapest way to watch the PGA, European Tour etc. Is Sky the only reliable and cheapest legal way to watch the golf in Ireland. I know Vodafone is another option.

My understanding is with sky i'd need the basic package + sky sports resulting in a cost of about 80 euro a month.

You'll probably get it cheaper if ye ring them up and see what offers are available. I've the full sky package including sports and cinema plus phone and bb for €105 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Nowtv.com looks a good option. Basically you can buy daily, weekly or monthly sky sports passes.

€10/15/50 per day/week/month

Have a deal at the moment of €29 a month for 3 months.

Good if your not going to be round every weekend

Can be watched on 2 advices at a time and 4 registered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Has anyone heard the idea of getting a few Sky multi rooms and splitting them over different houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »
    You can always find a family member/friend who has it and ask them can you use their sky go :)

Thats what I do. My dad has sky sports and I use the sky go to watch whatever I want from the comfort of my own home.

You could offer to throw the keeper of the sky you are borrowing from a few quid for the trouble ;)

Have a friend who was doing that with his girlfriend's parents Sky. They broke up 18 months ago but didn't cancel his "on the go" until recently... he was heartbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bren2001

Has anyone heard the idea of getting a few Sky multi rooms and splitting them over different houses?

All have to be connected on the same WiFi, no? Certainly the case with the Sky Q boxes, theres no satellite feed to them, pictures broadcast over the WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

PGA have a subscription which i'm nearly sure is available in Ireland.

Their price in dollars is $40 annually or $6 monthly. I'm not sure what the euro price is.

It doesn't include the majors.

PGA have a subscription which i'm nearly sure is available in Ireland.

Their price in dollars is $40 annually or $6 monthly. I'm not sure what the euro price is.

It doesn't include the majors.

That would be interesting.

BBC have Sat and Sunday for the Masters and Sky have lost the USPGA as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

On the Saturday and Sunday PGA tour golf is on NBC.

Sign up here to watch for free over the web. Quality is so so and US commentary and ads are brutal.

https://watch.ustvnow.com/subscription

• Advertisement

Ronney wrote: »
    Nowtv.com looks a good option. Basically you can buy daily, weekly or monthly sky sports passes.

€10/15/50 per day/week/month

Have a deal at the moment of €29 a month for 3 months.

Good if your not going to be round every weekend

Can be watched on 2 advices at a time and 4 registered

So could 2 people get that and split the cost so even when it went up to the 50 per month it would be 25 each. In different houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Do you have a Smart TV ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

That would be interesting.

BBC have Sat and Sunday for the Masters and Sky have lost the USPGA as far as i know.

BBC only took it for 1 year. Id imagine Sky will go hell for leather to get it back this year.

Do you have a Smart TV ?

Yeah i have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

So could 2 people get that and split the cost so even when it went up to the 50 per month it would be 25 each. In different houses.

I would guess so. Have a 50/50 arrangement with a mate for Eir sports/Netflix and never an issue with us both watching matches at the same time.

Only down side is the number of devices, but do I really need to be able to watch on my phone + IPad + laptop etc.

Chrome cast works very well with both netflix and Eir sports. According to their site it works with now tv too. Essentially giving you viewing on any TV

Ronney wrote: »
    I would guess so. Have a 50/50 arrangement with a mate for Eir sports/Netflix and never an issue with us both watching matches at the same time.

Only down side is the number of devices, but do I really need to be able to watch on my phone + IPad + laptop etc.

Chrome cast works very well with both netflix and Eir sports. According to their site it works with now tv too. Essentially giving you viewing on any TV

That sounds like a pretty good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

We did that for a while with a different provider...5 boxes in 5 different houses and split the cost 5 ways. They eventually figured it out and cut off the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

They "ping" the boxes regularly to check them.
    Will work fine for a while but will eventually be cut-off and billed for a full subscription for each box , including arrears.

Advertisement