Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk agent issue

Options
  • 06-03-2018 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Today at 9am approx my father called your helpdesk to report an issue with his gas boiler. The person on the helpdesk gave him phone number to call. He immediately called the number which they stated was a phone number to Sexaholics Anonymous. He retried the number and got the same response. He rang the helpdesk back and spoke to the original agent. He asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there was none available. He asked for the agents name and he thinks he said "Reagan" but he was mumbling so my father isnt 100% sure.
    I know this isn't the usual behaviour of your agents so i hope you can do something about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi Crea,

Thanks for your message.

For an emergency gas fault (such as smelling gas) customers would be advised to call Gas Networks Ireland on 1850 205 050. For more general queries, their customer service line is 1850 200 694.

However, if your father is just experiencing a general fault with his gas boiler, and would like a gas repair or replacement service, then he should have been directed to the Electric Ireland Home Services team. They can be called on 1850 372 333 (they are available to call from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday). 

We apologise if your father was given the incorrect number. This was likely a genuine mistake, however we will look into this further. To do so, we would ideally like if your father could contact us directly, either via his own social media channel (we are also available on Facebook and Twitter), by email to service@electricireland.ie, or over the phone with a member of the dedicated Electric Ireland Customer Service team on 1850 372 372 (they are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday).

However, if you would like to look into this on his behalf, we will look into providing you with as much assistance as possible. Could you please send us a private message with the following information?
    • Your full name
    • Your father's full name
    • The number your father called from
    We will then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Brige,

We have not received any resolution on this matter.
    Can you please have someone contact my father on this?

I have provided a phone number in the pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

As an ordinary customer of Electric Ireland I was curious about this, and checked out the phone number of SA. It only differs from 1800 200 694 by one digit. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Crea,

Apologies about the delay. We will have an update for you soon, and we'll send you a private message.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement