Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to work before sick leave is over

Options
  • 06-03-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm currently out with a sick note for a number of weeks due to stress. I have a doctors note for this period. However I was wondering if there are any potential issues with returning before the date on the note if I'm feeling better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Yes, there are. If you return to work while certified unfit for work, and the company lets you work, and your condition subsequently exacerbates or deteriorates, the company is in a very sticky position.

If you feel better and wish to return to work, you should discuss that with your doctor. And, having discussed it with him, if you still wish to return to work, ask him to certify you fit for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Andygrout

Thanks for the advice. Another question, if the absence period is very long do I need to send the note in or is returning with the note after stating when I will be back still enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I'd ring before I went in. "I've been certified fit for work. I'll be back tomorrow. Is that OK?" And bring the fit-for-work cert. when you go in.

Advertisement