Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is grim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Desperate altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

All members of the same family, madness. Utter scum. Babies like. The should be ran or towed outta Limerick.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Folks no names etc please on any of this, live case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cult?Travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Given that some arrests were in Kerry and the most westerly station they are being held in is NCW I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were living close to where I grew up on the Kerry/Limerick border. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bigpink wrote: »
    Cult?Travellers?

Neither

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Almost 20 child victims of alleged paedophile ring identified (Irish Times)

Well-placed sources said even the most seasoned Garda investigators, some of whom have decades of experience in criminal investigations, were shocked by the harrowing extent of the abuse. They believe the case will become one of the most notorious in the State’s history.

. . . and it’s getting grimmer by the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Children and the elderly are sacred ,

Sources also say the nature and speed of State agency’s responses to the abuse when it first came to light is set to come under very close scrutiny.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/almost-20-child-victims-of-alleged-paedophile-ring-identified-1.3416894?mode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,281 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It’s after taking a year to get this far. It’s a tricky one, the concentration should be on getting everyone connected it to this which i’d assume is in the 100’s before we start getting into how it was handled.
    Cheap shot by the times there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Really hits home when its in your own backyard that this is happening! I cant imagine what those poor children went through, gives me chills even thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

The cynic in me would question the timing of this (a year in the making) to neatly coincide with the appearance of a Garda sergeant at a tribunal. Also the headline grabbing work in the forest on the Cork / Waterford border. Again, a long time before Garda movement...
    Cushty timing indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Coill1 wrote: »
    The cynic in me would question the timing of this (a year in the making) to neatly coincide with the appearance of a Garda sergeant at a tribunal. Also the headline grabbing work in the forest on the Cork / Waterford border. Again, a long time before Garda movement...
    Cushty timing indeed

Was just going to post the same. Every time there is something big coming up at the tribunal, it just so happens the same day there is a big crme/gardai story. The cynic in me would also question the timing. Otherwise the gardai have allowed this to go on for quite a while before acting on it which would seem odd imo.

Ahh that's very cynical, the tina search is due to a tip off and couldn't start earlier due to weather.

I'd say in the other case everything is down to case building you can't rush it, doesn't look like it went to plan anyway everybody released. It's strange as I thought 20 kids were taken into care and not one adult for charged, something strange after happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Ahh that's very cynical, the tina search is due to a tip off and couldn't start earlier due to weather.

I'd say in the other case everything is down to case building you can't rush it, doesn't look like it went to plan anyway everybody released. It's strange as I thought 20 kids were taken into care and not one adult for charged, something strange after happening.

Files were sent to the DPP. Not everyone is charged straight away.

Files were sent to the DPP. Not everyone is charged straight away.

You’d expect 1 at the very least. Amazing we can hold some criminals without charge but not for these cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

You’d expect 1 at the very least. Amazing we can hold some criminals without charge but not for these cases.

Get caught with half a gram of weed and they can hold you for days.. Molest 20 kids and your out within 24 hours. WTF like..

Advertisement