Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Fogerty-3 arena-Oct 26th

Options
  • 06-03-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭

Support from the Steve Miller band........ All ****ing over this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

It should be brilliant!! Any idea what price tickets will be...i can't wait! Handy present for hubbys birthday! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

giphy.gif
    MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    It should be brilliant!! Any idea what price tickets will be...i can't wait! Handy present for hubbys birthday! :cool:

London is £52-£160 so probably 85 euro ish for standing here. Same as Steely Dan last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

John Fogerty AND Steve Miller. Oh my god I’m so happy now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Oh yes. Definitely going to this. From €89.50 according to MCD website.

https://mcd.ie/artists/john-fogerty-steve-miller-band/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

This is a seriously good double bill.
    An absolute no brainer.

s-l225.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

looks like I may be going solo as the wife is away. Trying to rope some people into going but not having much luck. Better seating or standing if you're on your own?

Wheety wrote: »
    looks like I may be going solo as the wife is away. Trying to rope some people into going but not having much luck. Better seating or standing if you're on your own?

I couldnt get anyone to join me when I went to Steely Dan/Doobies last year. First gig that I ever went to on my own. It was also one of the most enjoyable. I didnt have to worry about whether the wife was having a good time at the gig. I was standing and got right to the front of the crowd too. Highly recommend going solo.

corm500 wrote: »
    I couldnt get anyone to join me when I went to Steely Dan/Doobies last year. First gig that I ever went to on my own. It was also one of the most enjoyable. I didnt have to worry about whether the wife was having a good time at the gig. I was standing and got right to the front of the crowd too. Highly recommend going solo.

I'll ask a few mates and might get a couple of tickets in the pre-sale but if I do go on my own I'll be there early to enjoy Steve Miller too and will try and get near the front.

He's 74 and John is 72 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anyone have spare presale codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

this is magnificent
    can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Im going to see him in Vegas in May. Looks like ill see him twice this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Great news. His setlists look amazing. One classic after another.

Why do tickets here start at €90 whereas in the O2 in London they start at £45? That's an enormous price difference.

How do you get pre sale codes for the Live Nation pre sale tomorrow?

Pinkman wrote: »

Why do tickets here start at €90 whereas in the O2 in London they start at £45? That's an enormous price difference.

The O2 is much bigger than the Point so the cheapo seats in London are total plopsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    The O2 is much bigger than the Point so the cheapo seats in London are total plopsies.

Yes ,the upper tier in the O2 is absolute crap .
    96 euro for the cheapest seats in Dublin is still a rip off mind you.

O2 is bigger isn't it? Probably very poor seats or restricted view? The map seems to show seats behind the stage.
    How do you get pre sale codes for the Live Nation pre sale tomorrow?

That for London?

Wheety wrote: »
    O2 is bigger isn't it? Probably very poor seats or restricted view? The map seems to show seats behind the stage.

That for London?

No for Dublin. Or do we only get the 3 presale in which case are the codes unique and only be used once?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love to go to this, himself and Steve Miller would've made great legacy acts for the Picnic, a pity they are not booked for that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Would love to go to this, himself and Steve Miller would've made great legacy acts for the Picnic, a pity they are not booked for that.

Really good point. Looking forward to Snow Patrol and Kasabian?

The Picnic doesn't do 1960s acts. Their Idea of a legacy is any old dodgy 80's Synth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Picnic doesn't do 1960s acts. Their Idea of a legacy is any old dodgy 80's Synth.

Miller tho would be mostly seventies and early eighties too and Fogerty has continually released too. What about Robert Plant who started with Zeppelin in the late sixties, The Stooges (Late Sixties/early seventies), Faust, Kraftwerk (seventies, eighties), Brian Wilson etc I'm sure there is more out there if you look at the lineups.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Miller tho would be mostly seventies and early eighties too and Fogerty has continually released too. What about Robert Plant who started with Zeppelin in the late sixties, The Stooges (Late Sixties/early seventies), Faust, Kraftwerk (seventies, eighties), Brian Wilson etc I'm sure there is more out there if you look at the lineups.

Robert Plant was 5 years ago, Brian Wilson was 9 years ago, Iggy was 11 years ago, Kraftwerk was 13 years ago. Electric Picnic was never famous for having much depth in its lineup but of late the bill has become somewhat embarrassing.
    Duran Duran headlining??? a four in the afternoon band for most other festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Duran Duran headlining??? a four in the afternoon band for most other festivals.

Is that when you need to take your nap?

Must look into this, type of thing that would suit me da down to the ground

Up on TBastard now.

€88.50 - €118.50. Small standing area with all the seats down so the sound will be good. Not the usual Three Arena disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

any pre-sale info ?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Your code for Bluefest presents John Fogerty is 9BA8VZ34N. Still want presale tickets? Make sure you go to 3.ie/xoti4 at 9.am on March 9th. Terms: 3.ie/mp6i Opt Out reply NOMUSIC

I wouldn't hold out any hope for the tape deck, though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

one more code if anyone wants it please reply and I will PM

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I'll take it man. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Standing tickets secured.
    I ain't no unfortunate one.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement