Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Fogerty-3 arena-Oct 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

... but the sound at Steely Dan was perfect.

The Doobie Brothers had complete breakdown in sound 3 times which seemed to be fixed before Steely Dan came on.
    Chris Isaak's sound was spot on but it rapidly went downhill as soon as the first Hall & Oates song. Couldn't even hear the sax on Maneater. I went to complain at the sound desk but by that stage the gig was ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

This could be a very special night.
    Seated ticket secured, front and centre.
    Did anyone see him last time around (2008)?
    Blasting this a lot right now, good old fashioned ROCK n ROLL!! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1 outerheaven182

Anyone have a Standing Ticket for sale? Cant miss this and I cant stand sitting down at a gig. Must be a Hard Copy Ticket not an e-ticket. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DaveCart

Hi, I've got a spare ticket - unfortunately it's a seat.. would sell for face value o.n.o...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Anyone have a Standing Ticket for sale? Cant miss this and I cant stand sitting down at a gig. Must be a Hard Copy Ticket not an e-ticket. Please

I know you asked in July but, yes, I've a spare hard copy standing ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Any idea of stage times for this or when they will be announced?

Just trying to plan getting some food in after work before the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It'll be announced tomorrow. Keep an eye on social media.

Doors are 6pm

Going off last year:
    The main act (JF) will be on at 9 / 9.15
    The main support (SMB) will be on at 7.15 / 7.30
    The opening act (Ultan Conlan) will be on around 6.30

All guess work but it'll be along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I went over to the Albert Hall London for his 2008 gig. He was excellent, despite his dickhead brother-in-law shooting a live video on the night. Kept stopping early on for changes of clothing etc. Really upset the momentum, and turned the crowd a little hostile. Because of all the delays, the gig wasn't over til after 12 I think. A lot of empty seats by the end because of people leaving to get the last trains. Fogerty was great, voice has lost some of the Creedence quality, but still great, and a mean guitar player too. Good backing band; Billy Burnett on guitar (ex-Fleetwood Mac), Kenny Aronoff on drums (every band ever!). I enjoyed him a lot, and I am on the live DVD up the front :) ps Ramble Tamble sounded awesome live!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Seen a couple of people mention the sound wasn't great in London tonight. Looks like blues fest haven't sorted out their problems which they had last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sorry to be "that" guy, but no Bad Moon Rising! Wtf!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sorry to be "that" guy, but no Bad Moon Rising! Wtf!

Ah the setlist was posted incomplete and then amended. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Does anyone have a standing ticket for tomorrow night they want rid of? If so please PM

Mrs S

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

BluesFest kicks off @3ArenaDublin tonight.
    Doors open 6.00pm
    @UltanConlon 6.50pm
    Steve Miller Band 7.30pm
    John Fogerty 9.30pm
    @TicketmasterIre

I've a single seated ticket if anyone wants it.

Block D (Middle block right in front of the stage) Row 12

Cost 126.35

Sell for 120

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

I've got 2 standing tickets and a pregnant wife (which we didn't know would be the case when tickets bought!), if anybody in sections A-G wanted to swap their seats for a couple of standing tickets, PM me and I'll arrange to meet you inside the venue (after the tickets have been verified) to swap. Let me know where your seats are for in the PM.
    If nobody interested - enjoy the gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really excited.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

I've got 2 standing tickets and a pregnant wife (which we didn't know would be the case when tickets bought!), if anybody in sections A-G wanted to swap their seats for a couple of standing tickets, PM me and I'll arrange to meet you inside the venue (after the tickets have been verified) to swap. Let me know where your seats are for in the PM.
    If nobody interested - enjoy the gig!

if you dont get a swap, keep an eye on the seating area behind you. Ive been to few gigs with this setup where we left our seats and went down to the standing area easily enough so im sure some people will do the same a free up some seats! enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

sweeneed wrote: »
    if you dont get a swap, keep an eye on the seating area behind you. Ive been to few gigs with this setup where we left our seats and went down to the standing area easily enough so im sure some people will do the same a free up some seats! enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure if we were penned into the standing area. Might also sit for a while in the seats in that case and move as people arrive and want their seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Which show did you leave seats and move to standing? I didnt know this was possible.

• Advertisement

Fogerty not on until 9.30pm. Usually belts out a 2-hour show, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Wooderson wrote: »
    Which show did you leave seats and move to standing? I didnt know this was possible.

queen and adam lambert was the last one with this seating arrangement. where you have lower tiered seating, the standing area is very small. walked into the far right entrance to the arena into standing zone. theres one guy there half checking some peoples tickets but drink in hand and kept walking easily enough. if you are in the upper tiered seating, its completely seperate.

queen and adam lambert was the last one with this seating arrangement. where you have lower tiered seating, the standing area is very small. walked into the far right entrance to the arena into standing zone. theres one guy there half checking some peoples tickets but drink in hand and kept walking easily enough. if you are in the upper tiered seating, its completely seperate.

Ah I see. Originally I interpreted your post to be that you could walk down from your seat. Best of luck with your Ferris Bueller type japes.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Deisler wrote: »
    BluesFest kicks off @3ArenaDublin tonight.
    Doors open 6.00pm
    @UltanConlon 6.50pm
    Steve Miller Band 7.30pm
    John Fogerty 9.30pm
    @TicketmasterIre

9.30 seems very late. Won't be over till 11.30 which is much later than any gig I've been at the Point before. Very tight getting the last Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Pinkman wrote: »
    9.30 seems very late. Won't be over till 11.30 which is much later than any gig I've been at the Point before. Very tight getting the last Dart.

Songs are generally quite short though so even a setlist of 25 songs may only go an hour and a half so I expect it to be over for 11

Almost full here, only a handful of seats in the far fringes of the gods.

Good show from Miller, not drinking as I'm driving and I'm on the outside seat in the row. Good seat in terms of view, bad seat in terms of having to get up and down at least 30 times to let in and out a bunch of seemingly incontinent oul biddies. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

In the gods myself.

Really enjoying my evening so far. Very impressed with Steve Miller.

OMFG Steve Miller - sensational!!

He's 75, apparently!!

• Advertisement

He's the cut of Jerry Springer.

Advertisement