Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Fogerty-3 arena-Oct 26th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

He's the cut of Jerry Springer.

Or the bloke who runs the restaurant in Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sound was pristine for Miller, gone to utter ****e now

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Great gig, cant be disappointed with the show he put on.
    Born on the Bayou, old man down the road green river and that great protest song fortunate son were highlights for me.
    Awesome watching someone who played the original Woodstock!
    He's got some body of work on his cv!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Great gig, cant be disappointed with the show he put on.
    Born on the Bayou, old man down the road green river and that great protest song fortunate son were highlights for me.
    Awesome watching someone who played the original Woodstock!
    He's got some body of work on his cv!

It was fantastic the whole night. I thought after David Byrne on Wednesday I'd be disappointed but the two bands knocked it out of the park.

Packed to the rafters in there and brilliant atmosphere on and off the stage.

Had to leave early coz my injured foot was crippling me and was driving so finally relaxing with the vino now...to do it all again for RP Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 villamaria

Didn’t know Dermot Bannon was playing guitar for Steve Miller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 villamaria

Great night, John still has it. Didn’t know what to make of son Tyler though 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

He just about got away with the leprechaun segment as well! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Wow— loved it- worth the 700km round trip. Son was a space cadet. Got a chance to go to jacks while he was singing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

villamaria wrote: »
    Great night, John still has it. Didn’t know what to make of son Tyler though 😬

That irked me, thought it very indulgent. At least Shane is a brilliant musician, Tyler is no more than a Bez type charactor and he looked off his rocker.

Overall a very enjoyable show, thought Steve Miller was overall better but JF has some belters of songs in his catalogue.

Another off the bucket list, slayer next week then Paul McCartney in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I would have gone home perfectly happy after Steve Miller Band. I though he was superb. John Fogerty was much more slick than I expected. Not quite Vegas, but very polished. Rarely have I seen so many crowd favourites churned out in such a short space of time.
    This is turning into a ridiculously good concert week for me. First Aid Kit, David Byrne, Fogerty/Miller - all excellent - and Plant/Morrison still to come.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Thought fogerty was fantastic. First 6 songs were amazing. Not too keen on Steve Millar though

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sound was pristine for Miller, gone to utter ****e now

What the hell was that about?!?
    Fogerty's vocal sounded buried in a reverb tank all night, bizarre and utterly vexing as he was giving it his all and probably playing a blinder!

I'm not a Steve Miller fan and tonight didn't do anything for me, but his sound set up was much better than Fogerty's, so I dunno what the hell the problem was! It's not good enough forking out 100e to see a gig marred by brutal sound! On a wander around the sound of the band in the standing section was a lot better! Although the vocals were still muddy and buried way down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Just in from the gig- we’ll worth the 7 hour round trip. Very happy. I’d say in my top 5 gigs. He missed a trick not visiting us since 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Has anyone checked on his kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Well having a pregnant wife can have its advantages. When we were walking in to the standing area we just happened to ask the security man if there was anything he could do for us. He sent us up to the 2nd floor to the security woman who gave us 2 tickets literally in the middle of the 5th row from the stage.
    I thought the sound was quite poor, his vocals were indeed lost in a blasting inferno of noise. His son was epic on the guitar I thought. The other lad, yeah he was just a poncy boy band style.
    But John himself, wow. A man at 75 able to rock like that. What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

He's the cut of Jerry Springer.

about the same age too !

Advertisement