Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path in Sligo suitable for Kids Cycling?

Options
  • 06-03-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I'm on the lookout for somewhere in Sligo (a park or long straight path maybe) that would be suitable to bring my little ones to for teaching them to ride their bikes without stabilisers. I know there's a path that runs down to Cleveragh but don't think that would be wide enough or quiet enough. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I used to bring mine to Finisklin .... there is a part way at the back which has no car access .. its not very long but safe, also there is a huge car park that is behind that new building which has never been used, its at the Finisklin roundabout at the bottom of first Sea Road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The park in Cleveragh, across from the Sports Complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Mitchell Curley Park in Maugheraboy

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Second the park in cleveragh, its nice and quiet, that's where I brought mine. Mitchell curley quite busy and no designated cycle path, also it's hilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Cleveragh is where mine all learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Thanks everyone, sounds like some good suggestions there. The park in Cleveragh that some of you mentioned, is that the one facing the entrance to the retail park where Argos, Mothercare etc would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Jenmckm wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, sounds like some good suggestions there. The park in Cleveragh that some of you mentioned, is that the one facing the entrance to the retail park where Argos, Mothercare etc would be?

No. Keep going and its "around the corner" across the road from the sports complex - you can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

No. Keep going and its "around the corner" across the road from the sports complex - you can't miss it.

Ahh I wasn't aware that there was another park round there. Will drive round that way at the weekend and have a look. Thanks

Advertisement