Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android app to easily switch app notification profiles?

• 06-03-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

There are several apps which I have blocked from sending notifications at the moment, as I do not want to be disturbed by them during the day, but I would like to be able to easily turn notifications on at certain times in the evening, without having to manually change this for 8 apps - and then back again when I am finished.

I could set up a separate profile, but apart from the fact that I would have to manually install all currently installed apps and configure them (as there is no way that I know of to duplicate your current profile, as to use it as a base for a new profile) which is a PITA but I have done it before, the major problem with this is that Whatsapp will not work on a second profile, without completely disabling it on the main profile, and then reversing this and restoring backups every profile switch, which is not practical.

Is there an app that will allow me to easily press something to disable or enable notifications for the 8 apps I do not want to disturb me during the day?

I am on LineageOS, Android 7.1.2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There are several apps which I have blocked from sending notifications at the moment, as I do not want to be disturbed by them during the day, but I would like to be able to easily turn notifications on at certain times in the evening, without having to manually change this for 8 apps - and then back again when I am finished.

I could set up a separate profile, but apart from the fact that I would have to manually install all currently installed apps and configure them (as there is no way that I know of to duplicate your current profile, as to use it as a base for a new profile) which is a PITA but I have done it before, the major problem with this is that Whatsapp will not work on a second profile, without completely disabling it on the main profile, and then reversing this and restoring backups every profile switch, which is not practical.

Is there an app that will allow me to easily press something to disable or enable notifications for the 8 apps I do not want to disturb me during the day?

I am on LineageOS, Android 7.1.2.

I am looking for the same thing. There are a couple of apps on play store which are supposed to do this.

They worked for a short time & then either stopped or didn't revert to the normal settings when toggled

Advertisement