Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler Play Area - Dublin Centre (Help)

Options
  • 06-03-2018 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all

My wife and my son are going to a show in the BG Energy Theatre on Saturday. Myself and the toddler are just going to wait around for a few hours whilst they are at the show...

It will be a long few hours with a very active toddler and I know there are loads of pubs/cafes etc. in the area but I probably need to find something else to keep her stimulated and give her a little while out of her buggy...

Long shot but are there any kids activities (like soft play areas) in the vincity or even around Dublin city centrewhere I could bring her to entertain her for a little while?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deltas

Not sure of any soft play in town but just moved out of town and here are a few things we did to entertain our toddler.

If the weather is dry, Merrion Square has a lovely playground. The Natural History Museum entertained my toddler.

The Disney Store on Grafton Street has a little play area upstairs, but be careful; she might want to buy the shop.

The Viking Splash tour allows kids over two.

Horse and carriage ride around the Green.

Stephen's Green also has a nice playground.

Gino's on the bottom of George's Street is kid friendly.

The Panda Play Cafe in Ballsbridge is a 20-minute bus journey; only open until one on a Sunday.

I wish you luck in entertaining your toddler. May the odds be ever in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikey101

Thanks very much, loads of great ideas there to check out! Should buy me a few minutes of peace and quiet (fingers crossed)

deltas wrote: »
    Not sure of any soft play in town but just moved out of town and here are a few things we did to entertain our toddler.

If the weather is dry, Merrion Square has a lovely playground. The Natural History Museum entertained my toddler.

The Disney Store on Grafton Street has a little play area upstairs, but be careful; she might want to buy the shop.

The Viking Splash tour allows kids over two.

Horse and carriage ride around the Green.

Stephen's Green also has a nice playground.

Gino's on the bottom of George's Street is kid friendly.

The Panda Play Cafe in Ballsbridge is a 20-minute bus journey; only open until one on a Sunday.

I wish you luck in entertaining your toddler. May the odds be ever in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

There's a playroom right in the middle of the cafe in the National Gallery aswell, there's no soft area but they have buckets of toys so it'd be a good place for lunch - the food is good enough and once she's full you can let her in to have a play for a while.

There's a tiny playground behind the Marker hotel beside the theatre, but it doesn't really get any sun so can be cold enough to be spending any length of time in.

As mentioned, Merrion Sq and Stephen's Green have good playgrounds. As does Herbert Park which would be about a 20 minute walk from the theatre aswell

Thanks very much, hopefully Saturday is dry so - probably unlikely :)
    Lustrum wrote: »
    There's a playroom right in the middle of the cafe in the National Gallery aswell, there's no soft area but they have buckets of toys so it'd be a good place for lunch - the food is good enough and once she's full you can let her in to have a play for a while.

There's a tiny playground behind the Marker hotel beside the theatre, but it doesn't really get any sun so can be cold enough to be spending any length of time in.

As mentioned, Merrion Sq and Stephen's Green have good playgrounds. As does Herbert Park which would be about a 20 minute walk from the theatre aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Are you on public transport or driving?

• Advertisement

either i suppose. Driving up to Dublin but had planned to park in one of the car parks by BGE Theatre and make my way around.

Mikey101 wrote: »
    either i suppose. Driving up to Dublin but had planned to park in one of the car parks by BGE Theatre and make my way around.

If I was you I’d probably drop the others off and drive to somewhere like dundrum there’s a decent soft play place and plenty of choices for food etc. There is not much too close to that end of town. I presume it’s an afternoon show they are going to.

that might probably be the best option. Just not a fan of navigating around Dublin especially if there is extra traffic with the ireland rugby match...
    I have plenty of time I supose, thanks for the advice
    salmocab wrote: »
    If I was you I’d probably drop the others off and drive to somewhere like dundrum there’s a decent soft play place and plenty of choices for food etc. There is not much too close to that end of town. I presume it’s an afternoon show they are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

The Maldron Hotel across the road has a swimming pool that is open to the public as pay as you go and the water is really warm and then grab lunch in the hotel??

Mikey101 wrote: »
    that might probably be the best option. Just not a fan of navigating around Dublin especially if there is extra traffic with the ireland rugby match...
    I have plenty of time I supose, thanks for the advice

Actually I forgot the rugby your very close to the aviva there maybe driving off may not be the right idea, what time is the show?

• Advertisement

hi all, many thanks for all the suggestions. In the end our toddler was sick and my wife had to stay at home with her. probably for the best in the end cos the weather was miserable. Thanks again for all the help, the show was great!

Advertisement