Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Needs suggestions

Options
  • 06-03-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone have some personal favourites for special needs that you find useful for a pick me up in the later stages of bike or run, maybe just a treat defies conventional wisdom but works for you? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

reidman wrote: »
    Does anyone have some personal favourites for special needs that you find useful for a pick me up in the later stages of bike or run, maybe just a treat defies conventional wisdom but works for you? Thanks

Some favourites of mine are ....

Jelly beans, fruit pastilles, flat coke (liquid gold), whatever someone else has that I don't have, I usually have a craving for that :D

I don't usually eat really sweet things like these so they really perk me up during the latter stages of a long race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

this is for an ironman presumably? i;ve thrown a spare tube and a couple of co2 cartridges into the special needs bag in case i've had really bad luck early in the bike. never had to stop fopr it and just left it afterwards. no food in it.

IM Lanza last eyar i spoke to a guy that had a whole roll with ham, tomato cheese lettuce + more all wrapped up in tin foil in his special needs bag. i reckon he was hoping someone would be able to get him a cup of tea while he had his picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Know a few people that put a block of cheese wrapped in tin foil*

* by know I mean may or may not have heard of or imagined

Advertisement