Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy Park NS, live in Knocknacarra

Options
  • 06-03-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a place for our kids in Bushypark NS. I hear it is a good school, but we have been planning on living in Knocknacarra, perhaps out near the Knocknacarra side of Barna Woods. I'm used to a local school where most kids live locally too, walk to school. But Bushypark would be too far for that - 15/20min drive. I wonder do most people in that school live very locally, or from all over the west side of the city?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

When my children went there we lived in Knocknacarra, too. There were quite a few children from Knocknacarra in Bushypark (pre St. John NS in Knocknacarra). Overall, children were from all over the place. A lot from Moycullen. A lot of children of people working in the IDA Business Park in Dangan and in NUIG, for convenience sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Did you look into getting a place in one of the feeder schools for your chosen secondary? Seeing as you will be driving anyway it might be worth considering this as it can be hard to get secondary places from schools not linked to a particular secondary. From Knocknacarra you could easily drive to Scoil Rois (for Taylor’s hill or move in 2nd class for boys to st pats for the Bish) or the Jes (Irish speaking primary).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you actually have a house yet? Rentals are very hard to get these days, and buying takes forever. focus on finding somewhere to live first, you may not end up where you'd like to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Do you actually have a house yet? Rentals are very hard to get these days, and buying takes forever. focus on finding somewhere to live first, you may not end up where you'd like to be.

No house yet, yeah we'll probably have to rent for a while but I expect we'll rent close to where we expect to buy. Im aware of the supply problems. With housing cost, amenities like the coast and the woods, we're aiming for knocknacarra. But a school place there has just barely been missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

the closest school to barna woods on the knocknacarra side will be the educate together school which will be moving into gaelscoil mhic amhlaighs old building on the cappagh road. Not sure if they have moved yet??

• Advertisement
Advertisement