Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying in secondary school

Options
  • 06-03-2018 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My sons being really badly bullied in 6th year both physically n mentally. He won't let me go to the school which I understand totally it will get worse if I do n like he said they can't protect him outside school. The physical side has got so bad he's up n left school straight after it every time in last 2weeks I hate even sending him in knowing what he's going through but we both know he needs his leaving cert. I need advice off anyone who's first response is not going to b go to the principal. ?? Please help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If he has been assaulted, I'd be calling the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Also, while he mightn't want you to be seen in the school in case it makes it worse, there's nothing to stop you ringing the principal and having a chat over the phone and then seeing where to go with it.

It's not going to stop while nothing is being done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

As his mother you must find a way to end this bullying. You have got to contact the school. Bullying can cause long term emotional problems that last a lifetime. Nip it in the bud as soon as you can. Do NOT stand for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ring the Principal tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lildaisy

As someone who's gone through that I'll tell you that for awhile I literally hated my parents for doing this. In the end I'm happy they did it. It'll only get worse. When or if you do it, yeah it got worse for a little while for me then it got better. His LC is anymore important. I suggest you calmly talk to him about it and ask him about what his worries are about you going in. In the end it'll all work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

As a teacher I am saying ring the school and talk to the Principal. It's unlikely the 'bully' has gotten to 6th year without other incidents of bullying.

Explain exactly what you wrote here and ask their advice.

Advertisement