Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New sub fora not showing as followed fora on app

Options
  • 06-03-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

2 new sub fora were created for the Forum Games forum, but do not show up on the boards.ie app as followed threads.

All my other threads, followed forums and posts show up on the app, just not these fora (Codenames and D&D).

Any chance you could sort this out? The app is very useful for some of the games we play!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Pter,

These are treated as fully fledged forums so would have to be followed individually. They are treated as standalones in a sense - they will appear in your Followed Forums list separate to the parent forum and you can request e-mail updates at a different frequency than you would get updates about the parent forum, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hi Pter,

These are treated as fully fledged forums so would have to be followed individually. They are treated as standalones in a sense - they will appear in your Followed Forums list separate to the parent forum and you can request e-mail updates at a different frequency than you would get updates about the parent forum, for example.

I unfollowed and re followed them individually but will try again.

Did the above on desktop, mobile and app with no luck previously. Will try again and report back!

Hi Mark,

Just unfollowed the Codenames forum on desktop, checked on mobile app. Logged out on mobile app, logged back in, still not there (as would be expected).

Then followed again on desktop (threads are showing up as followed on desktop now), logged out of mobile app to be safe, cleared cache, logged back in, and all my followed forums EXCEPT Codenames are showing up (and d&d, but i only did the above for codenames).

I understand your explanation, but i dont think the issue is how i followed the new fora - i think its how the app retrieves data about these fora.

FYI, others in the Forum Games forum have reported similar issues with the Codenames and D&D threads when trying to follow on the app.

Also, just to add; the threads i have posted in within these fora (which anywhere else on the site auto-follows you on the thread) dont show up in my followed threads either.

Finally (and sorry for the piecemeal posts) i have checked with some of the other users in FG, and the same issue happens on the responsive site (but not on touch).

Codenames and D&D sub fora dont show up as sub fora of FG, even though the Werewolf sub forum does.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

The apps are no longer supported and I'm afraid I'm not sure how they pull data across. Instead, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing.

I've looked up the Forum Games forum on Responsive and seen the issue there, so I'll look into that.

The Help Desk forum works a little differently to other forums. You should still be able to follow the thread, but only approved replies will bump the thread and result in notifications (and e-mails). It may not follow default behaviour as a result.

No problem. I reckon if we can sort on responsive, we have a shot of the apps working as a side effect - although i understand this isnt a guarentee and that they arent supported.

Got word the same thing with follows not showing is happening in 'Work Problems' as well.

Boards.ie Employee

Responsive Site should display correctly now. Hopefully it has the knock-on effect for the app.

I wonder if the follow issue is anything to do with posts requiring approval - in the case of Work Problems, that's tied to anonymous posting. Although this thread does appear in my My Forums correctly once I've posted in it.....Can you follow it manually and will it appear in the list then?

Yep everything is showing in the app now.

Codenames, D&D, this thread....the lot.

Thanks for your help!

Boards.ie Employee

• Advertisement

Responsive too, i should say!

Advertisement