Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Newbridge

Options
  • 06-03-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am looking at houses for sale in Newbridge at the moment but I have not spent any time around there. Any recommendations on where is good/where to avoid.

I saw a few in Roseberry Hill at the moment. They look nice, but what is the estate like? I read that Tuath bought 45 houses in there. Don't know a thing about the organisation, so genuine question, is that a concern? Is that a lot for an estate of that size?

Any other recommendations welcome. The town looks like a great spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I used to live in Roseberry Hill but not for a few years now, it was a grand estate when I was there. Having the Centra close is good (though it does lead to a fair bit of traffic at the front of the estate) and the primary school is convenient as is Sarsfields.

There's definitely concern around Tuath buying so many houses close together. I would say that they have previously bought 6 houses in a previous phase and I don't recall there being many issues with the tenants. Tuath seem take an active role in managing the tenants.

There's a fairly active Facebook group for the estate. You could always join and ask any questions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

IOM2015 wrote: »
    I am looking at houses for sale in Newbridge at the moment but I have not spent any time around there. Any recommendations on where is good/where to avoid.

I saw a few in Roseberry Hill at the moment. They look nice, but what is the estate like? I read that Tuath bought 45 houses in there. Don't know a thing about the organisation, so genuine question, is that a concern? Is that a lot for an estate of that size?

Any other recommendations welcome. The town looks like a great spot.

Apologies for only responding to this thread now:

I live in RH, & have done so since 2006. I love it here, Centra is handy, hair dresser for the OH & a Creche for the kids. As siad elsewhere, Sarsfield's is only up the road, and the town centre is only about a 35 minute walk away, passing the railways station on the way.

I would however like to say that there is planning for around 5-6 hundred houses around RH, and the consequences of these being built ( infrastructure ) is cause for very heated debates between the Residents and the powers-that-be. As of now, RH is a great Estate, but nobody knows what's 'down-the-road'.

Any questions, feel free to ask

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IOM2015

Apologies for only responding to this thread now:

I live in RH, & have done so since 2006. I love it here, Centra is handy, hair dresser for the OH & a Creche for the kids. As siad elsewhere, Sarsfield's is only up the road, and the town centre is only about a 35 minute walk away, passing the railways station on the way.

I would however like to say that there is planning for around 5-6 hundred houses around RH, and the consequences of these being built ( infrastructure ) is cause for very heated debates between the Residents and the powers-that-be. As of now, RH is a great Estate, but nobody knows what's 'down-the-road'.

Any questions, feel free to ask

Cheers

Thanks to you both for your replies. When you say consequences for infrastructure, is it external things like traffic and schools when it is all finished, or is the concern about actually living in the estate while works are on going (water/waste water system being cut off or over burdened, etc). I assume they would not let RH be used as a site entrance for the new place???

I never lived in an estate before so this is a whole new thing for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

IOM2015 wrote: »
    Thanks to you both for your replies. When you say consequences for infrastructure, is it external things like traffic and schools when it is all finished, or is the concern about actually living in the estate while works are on going (water/waste water system being cut off or over burdened, etc). I assume they would not let RH be used as a site entrance for the new place???

I never lived in an estate before so this is a whole new thing for me!

I mean there are serious questions over a number of things:
    There is a bridge just outside the estate which is only 1 lane and is controlled by traffic lights. It's called Sexes Bridge and has been an issue for a long time keeping in mind the expected increase in traffic.
    Here in phase 1 some houses have serious issues with the pressure on water supply
    There will be NO construction traffic allowed through RH.This was one of the conditions in granting the developer planning.
    Schools are also a serious problem here. Or lack of to be more exact. My child is in 5th class and right now, cannot get a secondary place for Her.

There is a school just outside the estate but people are up in arms over the mess cars dropping off kids are making...parking on grass for example.

Advertisement