Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Beers 24th March Dublin - TP Smyths (Jervis Luas Stop)

Options
  • 06-03-2018 9:52pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we were talking in the other thread and have made a decision that we're actually going to stop pretending to meet up and actually do it.

Saturday, 24th March in Dublin.

Location to be confirmed.

Oh and paid for by Pter, the new mod around these parts.

Thanks Pter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Take it out of my mod salary of €0 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Free bar, decent

I'll be around, will we head the Roisin?

Free bar, decent

I'll be around, will we head the Roisin?

Where?

Also, NO FREE BAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Booked that night off.

Will be there to murder necro.....i mean drink beer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I can do that.

Can I request somewhere we can sit and talk? Last few places were loud and difficult to talk in.

Also, how about an activity too - doesn't have to be an escape room (though I'd have no objection to doing another one), but an activity of some sort? Maybe somewhere to play a boardgame, or a live werewolf game or something?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    I can do that.

Can I request somewhere we can sit and talk? Last few places were loud and difficult to talk in.

Also, how about an activity too - doesn't have to be an escape room (though I'd have no objection to doing another one), but an activity of some sort? Maybe somewhere to play a boardgame, or a live werewolf game or something?

I actually have the werewolf card game. If we have enough I can bring and attempt to mod the first one?

Good shout imo QB. The Lord Edward beside Christchurch would be good for such a purpose. They have an upstairs bit where i have attended events and quizes in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Can the activity be beer?

Can the activity be beer?

Beer, Cider, Whiskey - all good to me.

I get handsy when drunk Vale - prior warning :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Beers are guaranteed. Any activity is extra and not mandatory.

In honour of Seamus we really should have a round of whiskeys too. But for villagers only.

Of course.

Ill make contact with the pub and see if we can get a couple of tables.

Independent of the booze, that pub is beside a class chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ye would have to organise this for the weekend before I get paid, ye inconsiderate shower of <gender nonspecific curse>

Though Pter does make a good point. That chipper is awesome, and if ye fall out of the pub ye land in it, and I want chips now.

Ye would have to organise this for the weekend before I get paid, ye inconsiderate shower of <gender nonspecific curse>

Though Pter does make a good point. That chipper is awesome, and if ye fall out of the pub ye land in it, and I want chips now.

You might as well come Robyn, the drinks are, apparently, on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I can't guarantee anything, but I shall see what I can do. I may have to be catching up with work I've missed during the week (haven't started there yet and I'm already behind on my work)

Would love to join you all. I'm unfortunately working.

(Any chance of moving to to the following Friday? Just for me, who'd likely shíte out of going anyway? :o)
    Pter wrote: »
    Independent of the booze, that pub is beside a class chipper.

Seriously...the Lord Edward?! Anytime I've walked past the place it's given me the vibe that one might be munched within its doors. It clearly must be a case of 'don't judge a book by its cover'.

Grand spot for a pint, yeah?

(Any chance of moving to to the following Friday? Just for me, who'd likely shíte out of going anyway? :o)

Seriously...the Lord Edward?! Anytime I've walked past the place it's given me the vibe that one might be munched within its doors. It clearly must be a case of 'don't judge a book by its cover'.

Its such an old man pub as opposed to a hard man pub.

Have never had a bad experience there. Its fairly old fashioned, but good spot for cards/games/chats and stuff.

Pter wrote: »
    Its such an old man pub as opposed to a hard man pub.

Have never had a bad experience there. Its fairly old fashioned, but good spot for cards/games/chats and stuff.

Ah yeah, last thing you'd want is screaming into each others ears over loud beats in a venue or club. 'Old man pub' with a few tables would be perfect for such a meet-up.

I've been upstairs in Bull and Castle across the road on a few occasions for meetings, it's a good spot too.

Can't go wrong in that area really with Burdocks and the Jury's carpark right there (if you're a culchie and need a decent CC car park, like me)

Ah yeah, last thing you'd want is screaming into each others ears over loud beats in a venue or club. 'Old man pub' with a few tables would be perfect for such a meet-up.

I've been upstairs in Bull and Castle across the road on a few occasions for meetings, it's a good spot too.

Can't go wrong in that area really with Burdocks and the Jury's carpark right there (if you're a culchie and need a decent CC car park, like me)

I love Bull & Castle but i think even that is too loud.

• Advertisement

Well that's my accomodation booked anyways so no going back now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necro is an all or nothing sort of guy. I love it.
    I may be available. And apparently I have a taxi sorted already so this could be a goer. (thanks pete)

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I may be available. And apparently I have a taxi sorted already so this could be a goer. (thanks pete)

Yeah, wait till the egg is on my face and there's a private chat going on about meeting in a pub on the other side of the city while Necro sits crying into his pint.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where we gonna go?

Where we gonna go?

Making an enquiry at the Lord Edward in Christchurch. Taking suggestions for alternatives. The brief is somewhere quiet we can have a drink and play a card game or two.

Actually TP Smyth's is another good one. I've organised beers there in the past. Beside the luas as well.

Bull & Castle as Stu suggested. I don't think they will let you book though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

are the pubs open good friday? i heard on the radio a while back that they might be, is this a sure thing?

sKeith wrote: »
    are the pubs open good friday? i heard on the radio a while back that they might be, is this a sure thing?

Nothing stopping them from opening by law. But im seeing some pubs saying they are choosing to close anyway.

sKeith wrote: »

Yep, back open from this year on.

As Pter said, it's at the discretion of the publican but there'll be many places open.

I'd say the pubs which open will be very busy for this first year, and then it'll be just be like any other quiet March/April Friday from next year on.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Now im giving lifts as well. Great.

Advertisement