Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Beers 24th March Dublin - TP Smyths (Jervis Luas Stop)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mollyb60 wrote:
    We are getting food though? Coz otherwise I'll just eat before I come into town.

Either is fine sure. I prob won't get a chance to eat before I head in, so I'll either grab something in town or in the pub.

Oh btw. Clocks go forward Sunday, so any hangovers promise to be extra spicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    Great idea. From the pub or somewhere else in particular?

I'm just the ideasaurus

Mol, do u really have red hair?

... And a fish tail?

There is a BBQ place around the corner from the pub called Pitt Bros. Its my favourite restaurant! Ruth went there with her friends a few weeks ago and brought me back ribs in a doggy bag. I had them for brekkie the next morning (so mad you are thinking of ribs in the AM).

So that would be my recommendation. If anyone else wants to meet us for food maybe around 7, we can go there? Is 7 ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mol, do u really have red hair?

... And a fish tail?

It used to be flaming red when I was a kid. It's more auburn now verging into brown territory. It's the greatest tragedy of my adult life.

In other news, I hate fish.

Pter wrote: »
    There is a BBQ place around the corner from the pub called Pitt Bros. Its my favourite restaurant! Ruth went there with her friends a few weeks ago and brought me back ribs in a doggy bag. I had them for brekkie the next morning (so mad you are thinking of ribs in the AM).

So that would be my recommendation. If anyone else wants to meet us for food maybe around 7, we can go there? Is 7 ok?

Just read the menu, I'm one million percent in for this.

Pter wrote:

I'm in the gym tbf and I am ravenous!
    Pter wrote:

Yeah cool cool cool

If Necro and Grumpy are finished their date, they can come too!

Mollyb60 wrote:
    In other news, I hate fish.

... But.. Under de sea....

I guess u can't eat your friends

• Advertisement

Pter wrote:

Oooooooooooooooooooooohhh

... But.. Under de sea....

I guess u can't eat your friends

FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD

(but actually they're neither, they taste gross and slimy and are also gross and slimy when alive. And they stare at you with their big freaky eyes)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not for me, a (mostly) veggie here and their one option doesn't appeal so much. But no worries, will just eat before, or elsewhere.

Me too? :( I was going to be there early as well.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Not for me, a (mostly) veggie here and their one option doesn't appeal so much. But no worries, will just eat before, or elsewhere.

Me too? :( I was going to be there early as well.

Oh absolutely - as i said before, anyone that wants to come, just invite yourself! I just wasnt aware it was a 3-way date :D

Sorry QB dont want to exclude you by cuisine choice, but Molly, TB and I have a rib hankering...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I won't be there on time to make the grub, will be round I when I land.

Feckin two and a half hours on the bus home too, what time were ye planning on staying out until? 10 with half 10 as a push for me

I won't be there on time to make the grub, will be round I when I land.

Feckin two and a half hours on the bus home too, what time were ye planning on staying out until? 10 with half 10 as a push for me

Jaysus Digi that's some trek!

Can't speak for the rest but I'm not planning on an all night rager, I'll be getting up for the gym on Sunday so I'll defo be pulling a Cinderella

We're all ****ing old so I wouldn't imagine us popping off to a rave at 12 like. I've a game to set up on Sunday after a 2 hour drive home anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hehe. I would imagine I'll probably be one of the last left standing. How late that is, who knows? :D

Ribs are fine by me I'll just have to drop the bag at my accomodation which is about a 5 minute walk or so, think I'll manage it :D

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hehe. I would imagine I'll probably be one of the last left standing. How late that is, who knows? :D

I'd almost put money on that!

Jaysus Digi that's some trek!

Can't speak for the rest but I'm not planning on an all night rager, I'll be getting up for the gym on Sunday so I'll defo be pulling a Cinderella

You'd think Galway-Dublin travel would be fairly reasonable but it's far from it, €36 for the ticket, feck that. Citylink for me :D

Reckon I'll be in Houston at about 7:45 so I might grab a quick burger, does your spot do them Pter? Sure TPs does food too... Choices...

• Advertisement

Yeah good burgers at Pitt Bros

Would you try and get a hostel or something Digi and stay up?

Nah I'm working in the morning, I'd rather travel first sleep after than stay up and travel early.

It'll be the same amount of sleep either way but I'll feel better rested from my bed :D

Clocks going forward is a spanner I hadn't seen coming though :(

I've a week off from Tuesday (going to Disneyland :D:D ) so didn't want to take any more time off, hopefully next time I'll be able to take the Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

You'd think Galway-Dublin travel would be fairly reasonable but it's far from it, €36 for the ticket, feck that. Citylink for me :D

Reckon I'll be in Houston at about 7:45 so I might grab a quick burger, does your spot do them Pter? Sure TPs does food too... Choices...

Is the citylink a bus? If so, it should be able to bring you on in further? TP Smiths is just up the road from the millenium bridge, which is ages away from Heuston by foot.

sKeith wrote: »
    Is the citylink a bus? If so, it should be able to bring you on in further? TP Smiths is just up the road from the millenium bridge, which is ages away from Heuston by foot.

Hop on the Luas if the bus wont bring you up further.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You bringing anyone else from Galway? Aren't there a rake of you? Guffy for one?

quickbeam wrote: »
    You bringing anyone else from Galway? Aren't there a rake of you? Guffy for one?

I was just gonna hop on the Luas, it's like €5 for a ticket isn't it? Only had a quick look on getthere, will check out the stops when I get a chance, the train to Heuston is my other, and more time friendly option so I could end up on the Luas regardless.

Guffy has a match on Sunday afaik, they wanted me to do chain crew which is another reason I can't stay up :D I didn't think there was anyone else in Galway

I'm all excited now, and the BBBQ Bun from Pitt sounds unreal too.

What's everyone on for the night? Gin for me I reckon

I've a couple of smaller card games I can bring up, exploding kittens or love letter if we might squeeze a game in alongside WW and CN

I was just gonna hop on the Luas, it's like €5 for a ticket isn't it? Only had a quick look on getthere, will check out the stops when I get a chance, the train to Heuston is my other, and more time friendly option so I could end up on the Luas regardless.

Guffy has a match on Sunday afaik, they wanted me to do chain crew which is another reason I can't stay up :D I didn't think there was anyone else in Galway

I'm all excited now, and the BBBQ Bun from Pitt sounds unreal too.

What's everyone on for the night? Gin for me I reckon

I've a couple of smaller card games I can bring up, exploding kittens or love letter if we might squeeze a game in alongside WW and CN

Its €3.70 for the return ticket.

sKeith wrote: »

Brings me to Bachelor's Walk or Heuston? Dunno Dublin at all but Heuston seems handier

*Edit* Seems Bachelor's Walk is just round the corner, not so bad

• Advertisement

Brings me to Bachelor's Walk or Heuston? Dunno Dublin at all but Heuston seems handier

Luas will go from Heuston to Jervis St which is right beside the Pub and BBQ place.

Advertisement