Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route 139 bus service connecting Naas and Blanchardstown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

About time.

Not the greatest road from Captains Hill to the Ongar stop but don't think there is any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Anyone see any bus stops for this? I haven't...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I suspect that they will use the existing bus stops (either Dublin Bus or Bus Eireann)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

n97 mini wrote: »
    Anyone see any bus stops for this? I haven't...
    Looking at the PDF, it's using the DB stops in Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kevin67

wish it went via Dunboyne. service to schools/college/work there is awful if you do not have a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Yet again,
    Celbridge gets ignored!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Yet again,

it is strange that it doesnt go from Clane into celbridge and then Maynooth

would seem to be much greater population

Yet again,
    yet again Kilcock gets ignored

I'm guessing that if it also took in Celbridge and/or Kilcock, it would take longer and be less likely to be used.
    Hopefully TFI have plans for more routes like this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yet again,

Celbridge has rail connections to Naas already; and you can get a 67 to connect to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

kbannon wrote: »
    I'm guessing that if it also took in Celbridge and/or Kilcock, it would take longer and be less likely to be used.
    Hopefully TFI have plans for more routes like this though.

I suspect another element in this is that both have existing bus connections to Maynooth, and it's roughly between the two.

On another topic, it's not shown on the map, but based on the time table it takes a slightly different route through Ongar on the return leg - for anyone planning to take it, that may be important!

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

What can I say? I live in Citywest,Dublin 24 and it takes me 2 hours to get to Blanchardstown as there isn't a bus with a direct router ... have to go with luas to Heuston and bus from there..
    By car it's 15-25min depending on traffic.

there is no bus connection between Clane to Kilcock etc and very limited bus service from Kilcock to Maynooth. Why can we not have a decent north/south service, especially as mentioned for people who go to college in Dunboyne

there is nothing for that from Kilcock or Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Anyone see student fare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Yet again,

Explain? Celbridge has Dublin bus, they go to Maynooth!
    kevin67 wrote: »
    yet again Kilcock gets ignored
    kevin67 wrote: »
    there is no bus connection between Clane to Kilcock etc and very limited bus service from Kilcock to Maynooth. Why can we not have a decent north/south service, especially as mentioned for people who go to college in Dunboyne

there is nothing for that from Kilcock or Maynooth

How are they ignored? How is there is nothing for Kilcock?
    Kilcock has a train station, it goes to Maynooth? Kilcock has several buses that also go through Maynooth!

The new service guess what? Goes through Maynooth!

Have you ever thought about the people who actually live in Rathcoffey and surrounds, who have no train or bus service?

Slightly maddening considering we don't have a swimming pool in north Kildare that the route doesn't serve the National Aquatic Centre or K Leisure in Naas.

Slightly maddening considering we don't have a swimming pool in north Kildare that the route doesn't serve the National Aquatic Centre or K Leisure in Naas.
    Jesus!
    It can't serve everywhere!
    By the sounds of it, people seem somewhat disappointed with it. Would you prefer what we've had to date?

(anyhow there's a pool in the Glenroyal but I suspect you mean public pools)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

There are plenty of swimming pools in North Kildare, from the top of my head there is 4 in Naas?

If you want to go play in the National Aquatic Centre, I am sure you can get a connecting bus from the Blanchardstown centre or walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Riskymove wrote: »
    it is strange that it doesnt go from Clane into celbridge and then Maynooth

would seem to be much greater population

The primary reason is to servie Maynooth and Blanch 3rd level students - start addin in every corner of the county and you'd be lucky to get there by late afternoon - and then no-one would use it.

Other routes are beng considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

enTSItd.png

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    Jesus!
    It can't serve everywhere!
    By the sounds of it, people seem somewhat disappointed with it. Would you prefer what we've had to date?

(anyhow there's a pool in the Glenroyal but I suspect you mean public pools)

No, tbh I'm delighted with it, and will be a regular user. It would have been nice(r) if it served a swimming pool though.

The pool in the Glenroyal is here today, but could be gone tomorrow.

ronaneire wrote: »
    There are plenty of swimming pools in North Kildare, from the top of my head there is 4 in Naas?

If you want to go play in the National Aquatic Centre, I am sure you can get a connecting bus from the Blanchardstown centre or walk!

No public pools. North Kildare in one of only 4 electoral divisions in the country that doesn't have a public pool, despite paying a huge amount of LPT. It's been a bone of contention for a very long time. And 20% of our LPT is going to other counties.. so we're funding their pools while we don't have one of our own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No public pools. North Kildare in one of only 4 electoral divisions in the country that doesn't have a public pool, despite paying a huge amount of LPT. It's been a bone of contention for a very long time. And 20% of our LPT is going to other counties.. so we're funding their pools while we don't have one of our own.

Lpt pays for less than 15% of local services cost. You simply cannot have everything for €500 a year

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Lpt pays for less than 15% of local services cost. You simply cannot have everything for €500 a year

Around €4 million of LPT collected in Kildare is sent to other counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

ronaneire wrote: »

There are no public pools in North Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

I've created a new thread on the lack of swimming pools in Kildare.

Has anyone taken the bus yet?

Is the bus arriving on time. I guess there will be some delays early on.

Has anyone taken the bus yet?

Is the bus arriving on time. I guess there will be some delays early on.

I asked Transport for Ireland about RTPI integration for this service and was told RTPI is for Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann only. I also can't find any bus stops or signs at bus stops for this service.

It's not going to be a very useful service for a lot of people without bus stops and RTPI.

.. I also can't find any bus stops or signs at bus stops for this service. It's not going to be a very useful service for a lot of people without bus stops and RTPI.

Agreed.

I met a guy in the main street Maynooth and he asked me where the bus stop for this service was, he was trying to get to Naas and the 139 route was up on google maps. Maynooth main street is listed on the route map as a stop and there is only one possible bus stop on this street - outside Bradys, I think it has a Dublin Bus sign.

Looking at the route map, route 139 seems to be using existing Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann and JJ Kavanagh (Clane & Sallins) bus stops but I didnt look too closely at the bus stops to see if there is a 139 logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I asked Transport for Ireland about RTPI integration for this service and was told RTPI is for Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann only. I also can't find any bus stops or signs at bus stops for this service.

It's not going to be a very useful service for a lot of people without bus stops and RTPI.

Other operators already appear on RTPI. Cop out answer likely given by someone who didn't know what the real one is

Advertisement