Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route 139 bus service connecting Naas and Blanchardstown

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Pushpen wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to use a Rambler Leap Card on this service, or does it always charge a fare even when using leap card?
    Wondering if I take it from Naas to Leixlip, and then take another bus from Leixlip to City Center; will I get charged separately for both journeys. Only asking because 1 day rambler only costs around 6Euros, irrespective of how many bus journeys you do during that day.

While Leap is used by several bus companies (and Irish Rail), Rambler is a Dublin Bus only product.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pushpen

Cheers, I will try the Leap fare capping then - works out for 7 Euros daily if it works.

Cheers, I will try the Leap fare capping then - works out for 7 Euros daily if it works.

From the Leap website:
    If you use a combination of Dublin Bus, Luas, DART and Commuter Rail, your travel credit use will be capped at the rate of the combined cap.

...so doesn't look like it'll count towards the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Put this way-the cap is for public transport. Not sure about J J son is public company.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Luas isn't publicly operated and the cap will apply to the new GoAhead operated routes in Dublin this year. It just doesn't apply to any routes operated by Bus Eireann or equivalent routes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Used this service from Naas to Leixlip yesterday. Mother of god it took 1 hour and half to get there. It’s pointless for the bus going through Rathcoffey. Twisting and snaking around those country bends wastes so much time. It would be better to go from Clane straight to Maynooth and leave out Rathcoffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Part of the reason the service exists is to give Rathcoffey links to Maynooth and Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

pad199207 wrote: »
    Used this service from Naas to Leixlip yesterday. Mother of god it took 1 hour and half to get there. It’s pointless for the bus going through Rathcoffey. ..

Thats timetabled to be approx an hour. Was there a lot of traffic in one of the villages/towns?

I tried to catch the last bus in Maynooth to get to Naas and saw it leaving 12 minutes early from the main street. I also passed the bus in Ladychapel on its way to Naas yesterday morning and checked the timetable - it left Maynooth 10 minutes early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I got this bus from Clane to Blanchardstown one morning , didn't know the main street stop , couldn't find the college road stop, so just stood outside Hillview heights and still was a bit away from the stop, took an hour into the shopping centre in Blanchardstown so overall not a bad run in

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Muttley_666

I got the bus from Blanch to Sallins three days last week (5pm bus, 6:30 into Sallins) - and while the route is mad, each day there were loads of people getting off in Rathcoffey - so the purpose of the route getting to rural areas - well, it seems to be working. Thumbs up to the 139.

On an aside - some of the roads / route the bus has to take are mental. Fair play to the drivers !!! Especially between Leixlip and Ongar.

When being let off the bus, one of the drivers did point out that they don't have "proper" bus stops yet - but even though the route was planned 9 months ago, the council only started the bus-stop planning applications in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I got the bus from Blanch to Sallins three days last week (5pm bus, 6:30 into Sallins) - and while the route is mad, each day there were loads of people getting off in Rathcoffey - so the purpose of the route getting to rural areas - well, it seems to be working. Thumbs up to the 139.

On an aside - some of the roads / route the bus has to take are mental. Fair play to the drivers !!! Especially between Leixlip and Ongar.

When being let off the bus, one of the drivers did point out that they don't have "proper" bus stops yet - but even though the route was planned 9 months ago, the council only started the bus-stop planning applications in March.
    KCC only remembers that north Kildare exists once every 6 months ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Saw 2 in Maynooth during the week, the one going to Blanchardstown looked fairly full, the one going to Naas had only a few on ( this was about 10h00 ).

Hope it works for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

Hi

Does anyone know where abouts in Maynooth the bus stops are if you are using it to travel to Naas? It just says online "Maynooth Village" and "Maynooth Shopping Centre".

I have to get it tomorrow while I am in work and I'll be under time pressure so I was hoping to find out in advance in case it ends up driving past me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Hi

Does anyone know where abouts in Maynooth the bus stops are if you are using it to travel to Naas? It just says online "Maynooth Village" and "Maynooth Shopping Centre".

Maynooth Village - at The Elite

Maynooth Shopping Centre- main road just past Tesco heading into Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Does the 139 to Blanchardstown drive through Leixlip village but doesn't stop anywhere in or near the village??? Surely this should be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Muttley_666

It stops in Leixlip. It can use the Dublin Bus stops, or the train station ones - but it does stop on it's route via Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Are you sure. I think it only stops at some stops - and afaik none of those are in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

It stops in Leixlip. It can use the Dublin Bus stops, or the train station ones - but it does stop on it's route via Leixlip.

The problem is that there are no bus stops on Main st heading for Blanch before the turn to Captain's Hill

There is a bus stop on Main St at the COI Church heading towards Naas

Are you sure. I think it only stops at some stops - and afaik none of those are in the village.

Did you check the timetable?

458641.JPG

There is nowhere to stop between Ryevale Lawns and Captain's Hill. In the opposite direction it stops at Riverdale and at St. Mary's (CofI) church.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I'd take those stop descriptions with a pinch of salt! I was getting the 139 one day, there is a stop listed at Oldtown Rise with the next one at Morell Avenue. I was standing at the junction of Oldtown Rise and Sallins Road, there is no physical bus stop but there is a lowered kerb section.

The driver stopped for me, but told me I should have been standing at the bus stop located exactly half way between Oldtown Rise and Morell Avenue! Reminded me of Platform 9 & 3/4....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Does this stop anywhere near clane hospital or how far away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Does this stop anywhere near clane hospital or how far away

It's about 1km walk to the main street,not sure if there is a stop there. The only one im 100% on is at the Garda Station that's about 1.3km of a walk to the Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Clitheroekid

The bus stops also if required opposite Corner House Pub inbound for Naas,drop off only,Monday to Saturday.Distance to Clane Hospital is about 1/2 mile,junction where Prosperous Rd.ends at Main St,

Advertisement