Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Omens - Amazon

2»

Comments

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    I thought it was great too. Obviously it could have had been better just with the inclusion of the Hell's Angels that become the 4 groupies of the Apocalypse would have made it for me.

Really missed the Elvis joke and yes, there were parts that missed. Overall though, stayed mostly faithful and delivered

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I really liked season 1 and thought it was a good adaptation, not sure how I feel about a sequel. At least the first season is faithful enough to the book that it works on its own so not a big deal if they screw up a follow up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I would have been of the opinion that a second series was unnecessary. But having read that Pratchett and Gaiman actually worked up a plot and that Gaiman is involved with the sequel I'm optimistic. It's when people take over completely from an author after they've died and try to replicate their style that problems begin. Specifically I'm looking at you Eoin Colfer and that abomination of a Hitch Hikers book you wrote.

Zaph wrote: »
    I would have been of the opinion that a second series was unnecessary. But having read that Pratchett and Gaiman actually worked up a plot and that Gaiman is involved with the sequel I'm optimistic. It's when people take over completely from an author after they've died and try to replicate their style that problems begin. Specifically I'm looking at you Eoin Colfer and that abomination of a Hitch Hikers book you wrote.

Best not watching the US version of the watch

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best not watching the US version of the watch

I've made a point of avoiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 opening credits and it's due to start on July 28th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

First trailer for this second season: if nothing else I'm very interested to see how and where this goes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Season 2 dropped today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Binged Season 1 on Wednesday night. Absolutely loved it.

My only criticism was Anathema. First time in my life Im going to criticiize a woman for being hot, but I found her distractingly attractive. The book is one of my all time favourites and have read it countless times. It never occurred to me that Anathema would look anything other than a normal, regular person.

Is it just me or does she look a bit like Megan Merkel?

• Advertisement

Caught the first episode of Season 2 and enjoyed it; no voiceover this time around, while the focus was squarely on Aziraphale & Crowley so there was none of that sense of muddle the first season could have. (bar a slightly random-feeling distraction of two women in a coffee shop: not sure where that's meant to go & how it ties into the plot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Season 2 was a real letdown and nothing of the Terry Pratchett wit and humor.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭markw7

It really was the polar opposite of the first season, felt almost like a sky production - plenty of money spent but just bland characters and clichéd writing.

The two shop owners getting together was just needless, boring tripe. Gabriel was kinda funny at first but that shtick got old quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I only watched season 1 for the first time last month and enjoyed it.

While I liked season 2, as others have said, it felt different.

The minisodes about the Resurrectionist and the zombies would've played better if there was some payoff outside of just being a bit of background. Like if we had seen the zombies in modern day somehow.

I felt as though they realised they could have more Jon Hamm so wrote more for him to do.

The whole thing with the 2 shop owners was worked in as a cover story for the miracle though by the end it just seemed like they were there to tell Crowley to let Aziraphale know how he felt, Which, again, I felt was unnecessary. Not the fact that they like each other, but think it worked better when they were playing around it. This is like revealing the killer too early in Twin Peaks. It's out there now so now they need to find something else to work with.

I did like Muriel, sorry I mean Inspector Constable.

Renewed for a third and final season.

Advertisement