Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Heuston Train Station Car Park

• 06-03-2018 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I have to take the Train out of Dublin Heuston later this week & was considering leaving my car there. If I did I would be arriving at the car park between 09:30 - 10:00 in the morning. Can anyone with any experience of Heuston Train Station Car Park tell me if there would be any spaces left available at this time of the day ? ? ? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Be careful with the carpark payment machines in Heuston.

Five months ago, I parked there paying what appeared to be the daily charge, but this turned out to be only the charge using park by text. Consequently my vehicle was clamped. Following appeal, the clampers agreed to refund part of the charge, but Irish Rail as the operator and CIE as the owner, have a moral obligation to pay compensation to those who have been ripped off by misleading notices at a level way below eye level, and thus not easily seen by users.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stevb

Hi tabbey,

Thanks for the warning. Hopefully I won't have to go near these machines in the Train Station, I've been researching the Car Park on the web & it looks like it's all change now ? ( maybe your experience had something do do with it ? ) you can now set up an account with the Car Park operator & pay online but incredibly pre paying for your parking does not guarantee you a space at the car park ? ? ? strange ! ! !

Can you recall when you where there if the car park was busy & if so approx. what time this was ( & if it was a weekday or weekend ) ?

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Stevb wrote: »
    Hi tabbey,

Can you recall when you where there if the car park was busy & if so approx. what time this was ( & if it was a weekday or weekend ) ?

Thank you.

It was Sunday, there was lots of space.

I think it is busier on Weekdays.

Hi tabbey,

Thanks for info.

Hopefully somebody will be able to tell us what the parking situation is like on a weekday as well ?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Its rarely full, you should get a space.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Its rarely full, you should get a space.

Hi Jamie2K9,

That's excellent news, thank you. I'm heading away in the morning so will give it a try. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement