Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Ireland to Multichoke a fixed choke gun ?

Options
  • 06-03-2018 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

hi guys is there anyone in ireand that can multichoke a fixed choke gun ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

that sounds expensive...id try Dominic byrne...Doms custom rifles. I dont know anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Fabian Connolly up in Leitrim [Fab guns] did mine, a thin wall barrel on a Rem 1100, which is a really tricky bit of machine work.Can't fault his work on this.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I have a fixed choke shotgun i bought years ago, it knocks everything i point it at, from skeet to dtl to sporting clays. Don't have a breeze what the chokes are and have come to the conclusion it does not really matter. I see lads on clay ranges fiddling with choke tubes, especially when they miss a few.

Why do you want to multi-choke the gun ? Is there a specific need you have ?

Teague chokes in the Uk could probably do it in addition to the lads mentioned.

https://www.teaguechokes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

gunny123 wrote: »
    I have a fixed choke shotgun i bought years ago, it knocks everything i point it at, from skeet to dtl to sporting clays. Don't have a breeze what the chokes are and have come to the conclusion it does not really matter. I see lads on clay ranges fiddling with choke tubes, especially when they miss a few.

Why do you want to multi-choke the gun ? Is there a specific need you have ?

Teague chokes in the Uk could probably do it in addition to the lads mentioned.

https://www.teaguechokes.com

ya i have used it for everything up to now and while its ok. its full / extra full choke. trap gun. i mainly shoot trap so its been grand up to now . but you really have to be bang on with everything at close range no scope for error at all . it just basically makes it harder than it has to be . and why make life harder than it has to be . honestly cant imagine shooting skeet with it whatever about sporting.

ya Teague uk has been what i was thinking all along but its a nightmare to get it shipped over . lots of paperwork but worse than that it would mean a few months without the gun . so if i could get it done in Ireland it would be infinitely easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Spare set of barrells with chokes might be an option.

• Advertisement

Spare set of barrells with chokes might be an option.

thought of that too but works out very expensive nearly 2k

The good thing about it being a trap gun is there is a bit of meat at the end of the barrels to work with. Another option is to keep the fixed chokes, just have them opened out a bit, 1/4 in the top and 3/4 in the bottom barrel or something like that.

The good thing about it being a trap gun is there is a bit of meat at the end of the barrels to work with. Another option is to keep the fixed chokes, just have them opened out a bit, 1/4 in the top and 3/4 in the bottom barrel or something like that.

no barrell selector always fires bottom first so other way around but ya get your point . wouldnt work either though as i shoot pretty much all clay disciplines so would need to be able to tighten it up for the likes of Olympic Trap . really needs to be multichoke so options are buy another gun for sporting / skeet or get this multichoked .

no barrell selector always fires bottom first so other way around but ya get your point . wouldnt work either though as i shoot pretty much all clay disciplines so would need to be able to tighten it up for the likes of Olympic Trap . really needs to be multichoke so options are buy another gun for sporting / skeet or get this multichoked .

Its a good excuse to buy another gun, a sporter, maybe a game gun too, and sure why not a skeet gun too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Or buy if you can find one a Finnish Valmet system.Was about ten different O/U combos,that went from a double rifle to a multi-purpose double barrel shotgun system.Cost a fortune even in the 80s,but you would never need another gun after that.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Its a good excuse to buy another gun, a sporter, maybe a game gun too, and sure why not a skeet gun too ;)

hahahaha ya why not shur :D

Advertisement