Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Hopkins - Vicar Street, Dublin - 18th October 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Barker is the support act. For those of you don't don't know him, from Nialler9's Facebook:

Barker is the resident DJ at the infamous Berlin club night Leisure System, who recently celebrated their tenth anniversary at the legendary Berghain venue. Barker has remixed the likes of Blondes & Clark. Check out some of his excellent mixes here : https://soundcloud.com/voltek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Heiser wrote: »
    Why do people look at the setlist? Takes away from it I think if you know what songs are played and what's next.

Can't wait for this. He was brilliant at body and soul. Looking forward to Singularity, Emerald Rush, Everything Connected and Luminous Beings. And Magnets ��

It's not like his setlist is constantly changing. I checked out the setlist before the gig I went to and was glad as I'd somehow missed the Magnets remix when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this the Magnets track your referring to, I'm sure it was called (Two Dancers Jon Hopkins Remix). He closed Body & Soul with this, this year and he also played it at Electric Picnic too and Body & Soul festival the year before.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Is this the Magnets track your referring to, I'm sure it was called (Two Dancers Jon Hopkins Remix). He closed Body & Soul with this, this year and he also played it at Electric Picnic too and Body & Soul festival the year before.

The track in this video is indeed Two Dancers Remix, he has been playing Magnets Remix and then Two Dancers Remix as an encore for this tour (in that order). The Spotify playlist is slightly out of order.

And this is the Magnets remix:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKFsstVALk

• Advertisement

This is my favourite remix of his, the Coldplay Midnight mix. Don't think he plays it live anymore though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDv6OSpiuAI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Times for Tonight:

Vicar Street
    Doors 19:00

Sam Barker 20:00-20:45
    Jon Hopkins 21:00-22:30

Aftershow (District 8 / Tivoli)
    Doors 22.30

Nialler9 23.00
    Barker / Guest 00.00-3.00

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

What's the deal with the aftershow in D8? You have to buy seperate tickets or will the Vicar Street ticket do?

wong wrote: »
    What's the deal with the aftershow in D8? You have to buy seperate tickets or will the Vicar Street ticket do?

Think I read it's 8euro into D8 if you have a stamp from Vicar St, 12euro without

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Heiser wrote: »
    And this is the Magnets remix:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKFsstVALk

What a tune. Even more excited about tonight now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Is he gone for a wee? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Projector problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Class

Was that an extended version of the Two Dancers remix or a third song in the encore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fun Gig. Amazing tunes and set as always.

Massive shame about the projectors - really detracted from it all. Vicar Street really messed up there, i'd say Jon was just as annoyed as others were. The house lights they had weren't great.

He did cut the set short right? I didn't just imagine it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Does anyone know what songs he played in the encore? There's a lovely one there I'd never heard before. Wasn't the Magnets/Two Dancers remix. Sounded minimal enough with a nice gentle riff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penkins

Pretty sure the last song was Light through the veins, from Insides.

Advertisement