Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living around Hollywood

Options
  • 07-03-2018 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Thinking of moving to Hollywood area with 2 young kids. How is it?
    Looks like schools are ok and no more crime\issues than anywhere else?

Commute to North Dublin wont be fun by car however.

Its quite rural so I know there wont be as much going on and we would be moving from a housing estate in a small town of about 3k people so a detached house a few km from Hollywood village so wont have as many neighbours etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you work in North Dublin, why would you want to move to Hollywood? The commute would be a nightmare - there are rural areas in Meath or Kildare that would give you countryside living with less commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Main reason is budget, cannot find equivalent value in Meath or Kildare for what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I lived nearby for about a year (a few miles to the south) - nice area to be in with lots of lovely country walks. I liked Hollywood but as far as I can remember there are no shops in the village - just the one up at the petrol station on the N81. As for crime: I never had any issues with crime, nor felt unsafe leaving the house empty while I went to work. Crime might be more of an issue the closer you get to the city.

The commute is a real pain - the N81/Tallaght bypass is not a great route and becomes badly gridlocked in any sort of bad weather event. I used to avoid it altogether and use the bohernabreena road (I worked in Dundrum) - this might still be an option as you can then join the M50 at knocklyon/firhouse.

The best plan is to leave as early as possible going out and back to avoid the worst of the traffic.

Advertisement