Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU transfer large sum

Options
  • 07-03-2018 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I may be selling a small apartment and lodge the process money to my BOI account. I will then transfer to German account to buy a home here. Could you post a link with the rules and limits for EU transfer. Many thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

gar32 wrote: »
    I may be selling a small apartment and lodge the process money to my BOI account. I will then transfer to German account to buy a home here. Could you post a link with the rules and limits for EU transfer. Many thanks.

Hi gar32,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When you make a transfer in Euro to another EU country on 365 Online, you can transfer up to €20,000 per working day. This limit is for payees that have been activated by receiving the activation code in the post. Please see our Help Centre at this link for more information on online transfer limits.
    To make a transfer over this amount, please call into your local branch and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Many thanks :) 
    I was wondering about the form for tax information as it used to be more then €10,000 would have to be with a form. There are new tax rules for the EU in force but google is not help clear these rules up for me. Do you know more or could you point me in the right directions ?

Regards

gar32 wrote: »
    Many thanks :) 
    I was wondering about the form for tax information as it used to be more then €10,000 would have to be with a form. There are new tax rules for the EU in force but google is not help clear these rules up for me. Do you know more or could you point me in the right directions ?

Regards

Hi gar32,

The €10,000 limit would be our 365 Online transfer limit if you have added the payee online and activated it with a security code to your mobile. We would be unable to help you here with tax forms I'm afraid, for more information on this please contact Revenue.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

Hi Sarah,

And how much you can transfer to non-EU country per working day?

Uboat wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,

And how much you can transfer to non-EU country per working day?

Hi UBoat,

Thanks for your post.

The transfer limit is the same per working day to a non-EU country. Please check this link for our Online transfer limits.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement