Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile tickets on TM

Options
  • 07-03-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey, I have noticed of late that tickets seem to be sent to me as mobile, and not ticketfast. Seems to be a new default for some venues. Anyone else notice this?
    I think it will generate a lot of mess for buyers when they realise the day of a gig that they don't have print-at-home tickets to give out to their group (if they are not all going in at the exact same time).

Anyone know if they can be changed to ticketfast by TM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

I saw the option was now Mobile/PrintAtHome but thought you could choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CarCrashStufff

It used to be, but I have noticed they have started making mobile ticket a default for some venues (noticed Olympia and Academy).
    Might be worth checking your orders to see if they are available for print

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Noticed this on my Jimmy Carr tickets. Fairly annoying, they don't make it clear when you are ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

like keeping my tickets after gigs and if this becomes the norm than balls

Stupid idea cause anything can happen to ur phone, it could go dead, get robbed, app crash etc before the gig

Noticed this on my Jimmy Carr tickets. Fairly annoying, they don't make it clear when you are ordering.
    If you contact TM they will change from mobile ticket to hard copy, but they won't change to print-at-home for some unknown reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If you contact TM they will change from mobile ticket to hard copy, but they won't change to print-at-home for some unknown reason.

TM told me in an email that the Olympia are no longer doing print at home tickets.
    Bizarre decision .

Zardoz wrote: »
    TM told me in an email that the Olympia are no longer doing print at home tickets.
    Bizarre decision .
    It will generate a lot of **** for buyers and the venue and for Ticketmaster. They should have made it more clear.
    I just copped my The Streets tickets are mobile entry too

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

How on earth are you meant to sell a mobile ticket?

I always like the option of selling my ticket in case of illness, work or anything family related.

Stupid decision.

You can contact TM to have the sent out as hard copy. It's a pain though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

How on earth are you meant to sell a mobile ticket?

I always like the option of selling my ticket in case of illness, work or anything family related.

Stupid decision.

it's to prevent this exact thing..
    it discourages touting..

might not suit everyone but it's a step in the right direction

• Advertisement
Advertisement