Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What rate when fixed term ends?

Options
  • 07-03-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I'm in the process of fixing my mortgage. If I do so for say 10 years, at the end of the 10 years are my options to either fix again or take whatever the variable rate is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

robocode wrote: »
    I'm in the process of fixing my mortgage. If I do so for say 10 years, at the end of the 10 years are my options to either fix again or take whatever the variable rate is?

Hi robocode,

Thanks for your post.

When you fix your mortgage, at the end of the fixed rate period you can then choose from a range of fixed rate options or roll to the Loan to Value variable rate applicable at the time. To discuss this further, please get in touch with our Mortgages team on 01-6113333.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

The letter you sent me says "the lender's prevailing Standard Variable Rate will apply on expiry of this fixed term", which is different from Loan to Value variable rate that you mention above right?

The letter you sent me says "the lender's prevailing Standard Variable Rate will apply on expiry of this fixed term", which is different from Loan to Value variable rate that you mention above right?

Hi robocode,

Thanks for your reply.

We would advise you to contact our Mortgages team on the number above as they will be able to clarify this for you if you have been advised this in a letter you have received.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Could you show me on your site where the Standard Variable Rate is defined? I can only see references to LTV variable rates.

Could you show me on your site where the Standard Variable Rate is defined? I can only see references to LTV variable rates.

Hi robocode,

Please check this link on our website for details on our Variable rates. Just to clarify, the term "standard variable" would be a generic term used to describe a variable rate. The rate will depend on the loan to value so it would be best to check this with our Mortgage team on 01-6113333.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Thanks, now I get you. So if my LTV was > 80%, then the SVR as it applies to me would be "Variable LTV >80%"

Thanks, now I get you. So if my LTV was > 80%, then the SVR as it applies to me would be "Variable LTV >80%"

Yes that's correct. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks again,
    Sarah

Advertisement