Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MUFC vs LFC - Kick-off 10 Mar, 12:30 - Buildup and Matchthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I know Young had a stormer but I think Matic is not getting the credit in how much he helped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Nokotan wrote: »
    Do you not think that Ashley Young held Salah back?

Not enough for a penalty for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

United's very good first half was enough over Liverpool's decent second half. Would have been nice to grab an equaliser, but Jose did his homework well as he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

That was a depressing performance, as a United fan. A win is a win but this is not how I want us to be winning. If it was against any other team i'd be more depressed but the fact its liverpool makes it sweeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

chupacabra wrote: »
    That was a depressing performance, as a United fan. A win is a win but this is not how I want us to be winning. If it was against any other team i'd be more depressed but the fact its liverpool makes it sweeter.

Care to elobrate how it was depressing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I think Salah needs to give the ref a decision. But even still, the contact is nowhere near an unusual amount in those scenarios.

I hate this "give the ref a decision" nonsense, the ref should see the pull and give the correct decision. If he doesn't see the offence that's one thing but if he sees it and doesn't give it because Salah didn't go down then it's unbelievably poor officiating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

As a United fan I am whatever the opposite of depressed is.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Care to elobrate how it was depressing?

Par for the course for this United team lately. Lots of little errors, route one football, allowing teams possession and hope for something on the break. Dont get me wrong, using Lukaku's strengths to get that little header off the kick out is effective and its working. But this is not the United I grew up watching and I'm finding it very hard to warm up to it.

As a United fan I am whatever the opposite of depressed is.

Good for you.

Not enough for a penalty for me.

Another ridiculous phrase in football.

• Advertisement

Par for the course for this United team lately. Lots of little errors, route one football, allowing teams possession and hope for something on the break. Dont get me wrong, using Lukaku's strengths to get that little header off the kick out is effective and its working. But this is not the United I grew up watching and I'm finding it very hard to warm up to it.

I think its big games like todays where you kind of have to play that kind of football especially with the threat of pools front three which were in great form.
    I'll take this united than what was before under the previous two managers if it gets us winning things no matter what the opposition might say.
    Agree its not the same united we grew up watching but its not the same game anymore.

Ir would be more depressing if we lost and didnt look bothered. Thought jose got it spot on today

Ha, whatever :pac:

Thought Lukaku was excellent again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United 2 shots on target,2 goals.
    Liverpool 2 shots on target and an og.

This is the first game in a long while that I can remember De Gea not having to pull off a world class save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

limnam wrote: »
    Lov should have went for his elbow into McT IMO.

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

So their weakness was exposed.

Oh, weakness exposed.

We should just play into klopps hands walk into the press.

Nobody is saying it was not effective or clever for that matter. Call it what you like, that is what happened and it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No shortage of them.

It simply wasn't a penalty as much as some want it to be.

• I know lads were sharing some Sanchez stats in the palace game earlier in the week

He's some more on Salah

https://twitter.com/futbolpogs/status/972499963849486336?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I know lads were sharing some Sanchez stats in the palace game earlier in the week

He's some more on Salah

Didn't know he was playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Didn't know he was playing

Ya he was really poor again as he was in the palace game. Few glimpses but it ain't happening for him yet at utd.

• Hopefully spurs win tomorrow to drop Liverpool down to 4th and rub salt into the wounds

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ya he was really poor again as he was in the palace game. Few glimpses but it ain't happening for him yet at utd.

I'm sure he was happy at the end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I know lads were sharing some Sanchez stats in the palace game earlier in the week

He's some more on Salah

That cannot be right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He's some more on Salah

Not much room in Young's pocket for both Salah and the ball.

astradave wrote: »
    That cannot be right!

It was 8 times. Always going happen when you pack every player bar 1 behind the ball though.

It was 8 times. Always going happen when you pack every player bar 1 behind the ball though.

I’ve said it time and time again Niallo, no point in giving the Liverpool front 3 any space to run in behind as they will tear you to shreads. Being able to Taylor your tactics to specific matches is a brilliant trait to have, 6 points from Chelsea and Liverpool and top 4 basically guaranteed.

I thoughtthe first match in Anfield we tried to do the same thing but we couldn’t make a pass 5 yards away. I thought Klopp was incredibly naive not to change tactics a bit after the first goal and double up on Lukaku from the long balls when it became apparent we were targeting that side

Sounds painful Niallo.

Sounds painful Niallo.

Ya I'm a bit upset I won't lie to you. I didn't think the performance was that bad from Liverpool though just utd defended really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was watching on Bein sports not sure if Sky picked up on it but VVD was very very poor today. Caught out a few times and for the Mata over head kick he was completely lost!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He's some more on Salah

Heres some stats for you Mick seen as you seem to be enjoying them today.

Salah has 10 PL goals more than Lukaku and 1 less assist than Pogba.

He hadn't even got a chance to play today because Young played so well, as did United. One bad game does not mean the player is bad.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Heres some stats for you Mick seen as you seem to be enjoying them today.

Here's one for you

https://twitter.com/footyaccums/status/972480514107084801?s=21

Like I said Young played very well today so your post is just nonsense.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    your post is just nonsense.

You're right. I apoligise for my nonsense.

Never apologise for nonsense. It’s the very foundation this forum was built on. It’s f*cking tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I hate this "give the ref a decision" nonsense, the ref should see the pull and give the correct decision. If he doesn't see the offence that's one thing but if he sees it and doesn't give it because Salah didn't go down then it's unbelievably poor officiating.

Okay then. There absolutely was not enough in that for a penalty. That's why Salah easily stayed on his feet, rather than dived, as you are advocating.

You should feel bad for it too :pac:

Like I said earlier from what I saw of the game United deserved the win. Some people said Liverpool may have had a penalty but I didn't see it so I can't comment on it.

What I did see though was the difference a bit of experience in the LB/RB position can give. TAA was a bit naive to give Rashford so much space early on whereas Young and Valencia stuck to the task and gave up very little space or time to Mane or Salah.

• Advertisement

Okay then. There absolutely was not enough in that for a penalty. That's why Salah easily stayed on his feet, rather than dived, as you are advocating.

We obviously disagree on whether it's a foul or not, fair enough. I just want to clarify whether you think it's enough for a free kick anywhere else on the pitch? Do you have different views on fouls based on where they are committed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I love fans on here. Liverpool have been brilliant lately and one bad game Klopp is finished, hasn't a clue what he is doing.

I know fans can be over the top after a defeat, but this is silly talk.

In Fairness not see any of this talk in the match thread.

Were there fans actually having a go at him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I know fans can be over the top after a defeat, but this is silly talk.

In Fairness not see any of this talk in the match thread.

Were there fans actually having a go at him?

In niallos head I'd say

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wish both teams could lose based on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Who knew Mick was a grammar nazi.. :)

Edit -He has deleted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He's some more on Salah

You don't actually believe that do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I wish both teams could lose based on this thread.

This thread hasn't been a complete cluster****. I'd call that a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

duffman13 wrote: »
    This thread hasn't been a complete cluster****. I'd call that a result

Always great entertainment as a neutral. At times it's like watching a bunch of autistic people have a fit it's madness.

Some decent points made of course which is always great to read. Especially as I was only half watching today.

Anyway, mental to think Liverpool could drop to 4th tomorrow. Extremely close between 2nd and 4th. Another L for Liverpool and a W for Chelsea could make for some battle for 4th.

• You don't actually believe that do you?

I did for a moment as I've been drinking alot. You may confirm the accuracy. But you have pretty much killed my buzz. Feel free to take the piss. I'm still happy all the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Always great entertainment as a neutral. At times it's like watching a bunch of autistic people have a fit it's madness.

Some decent points made of course which is always great to read. Especially as I was only half watching today.

Anyway, mental to think Liverpool could drop to 4th tomorrow. Extremely close between 2nd and 4th. Another L for Liverpool and a W for Chelsea could make for some battle for 4th.

It opens up a bit of a gap, but 3rd to 5th are right in it. Liverpools run in looks relatively easy but there will be a few twists and turns. Bottom of the table will probably be were the fun is for the last 2 or 3 games I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Working all day so missed the match. Anyone got a link to Liverpool's 5 goals?

Unearthly wrote: »
    Working all day so missed the match. Anyone got a link to Liverpool's 5 goals?

Text ashely young, think there in his other pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I call it on Thursday , Rashford to destroy Trent and im a liverpool fan
    Gomez is miles better

Gomez is miles better

He seemed out of it today alright, 2 kicks head height against utd players where he could of won with his head. Not a jibe but he was a weakness

Gomez is miles better

I actually think he would be a great out and out old school winger.. pity we don’t see many of those anymore.. it would give him less defensive duties which is where he is lacking.. especially when players run at him at pace like Rashford did

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement