Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MUFC vs LFC - Kick-off 10 Mar, 12:30 - Buildup and Matchthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So klopp saying its a clear penalty.......needs to fix his tv

Mane put his foot in front of fellani's and got caught.

Should of gone to specsavers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

AidoEirE wrote: »

Neither had the ball under control and came together. No pen not even close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Man U .

Just wanna say two things...

I fùcking hate when people call Manchester United "Man U"

and... I fùcking love Manchester United.

x

Nalz wrote: »
    Just wanna say two things...

I fùcking hate when people call Manchester United "Man U

x

The Man U thing bugs me as when people call Cork City “Cork” . Either call us “City” or “Cork City” trivial I know but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

In that case the whole MoTD panel need to get theirs fixed as well as they all said it was one.In real time I thought no, but he tripped him and it should have been.

• fullstop wrote: »
    In that case the whole MoTD panel need to get theirs fixed as well as they all said it was one.In real time I thought no, but he tripped him and it should have been.

The excuses come think and fast whenever Liverpool get bate fair and Square

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The Man U thing bugs me as when people call Cork City “Cork” . Either call us “City” or “Cork City” trivial I know but still

The Man U thing has a bit more to it tbh... But the open mokka x advert just came on and bahaha hahahaha. It's still light outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Does anyone know if Cork won last night?

tenor.gif?itemid=5213749

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The excuses come think and fast whenever Liverpool get bate fair and Square

Oh look my stalker's here...glad to see the alerts are working

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

And i don't even support Liverpool :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Cork won last night?

tenor.gif?itemid=5213749

Talking about that would drag the thread off topic sure

:D

• Mood right now

tenor.gif?itemid=11180211

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Was working today lads who won?

fullstop wrote: »

Motd showed 1 angle, sky showed multiple...clear as day no peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was working today lads who won?

UNITED

Motd showed 1 angle, sky showed multiple...clear as day no peno

Think you need to watch again, they showed 2 for a start.

• Advertisement

• Was working today lads who won?

2-1 to Utd lad

Loads of salt all over the shop

Great day

Nah its
    search?q=antonio+banderas+gif&oq=a&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l3j35i39j69i65.1569j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=HMOboiTtkWYz6M:

Reading through some of this thread

Saxa has less salt 😂

scudzilla wrote: »
    UNITED

Really?

I was pretty sure seeing Facebook the last week United were gonna be destroyed by pool especially salah

fullstop wrote: »
    Think you need to watch again, they showed 2 for a start.

Correct decision either way was given if u watched the game, sky showed 'multiple' angles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Really?

I was pretty sure seeing Facebook the last week United were gonna be destroyed by pool especially salah

I think they beat us on corners, delighted with that so they were :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Lovern is getting roasted after the match while vvd is getting a free ride. Yes, lovern lost a couple of headers but where was the assistance. Vvd on the other hand ran didn't cover behind lovern and actually ran away from rashford when he cut back on the first goal, missed a simple free header from 5 yards, and didn't move a muscle to cover after the ball hit him on the second goal. He should be held to higher standards as the most expensive defender in world football considering the scrutiny other cbs get on a weekly basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Delighted for Lukaku and delighted for the lads on here who gave him abuse all season. Delighted for Mourinho.

Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Lovern is getting roasted after the match while vvd is getting a free ride. Yes, lovern lost a couple of headers but where was the assistance. Vvd on the other hand ran didn't cover behind lovern and actually ran away from rashford when he cut back on the first goal, missed a simple free header from 5 yards, and didn't move a muscle to cover after the ball hit him on the second goal. He should be held to higher standards as the most expensive defender in world football considering the scrutiny other cbs get on a weekly basis

Lovren wasn’t great for either goal but he was far from solely to blame. It's not like it was Mata he was getting outjumped/outmuscled by.

VVD is a bog standard defender IMO. His best attributes are further up the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Unearthly wrote: »
    Delighted for Lukaku and delighted for the lads on here who gave him abuse all season.

He's still been tragic all season all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

22 goals and 7 assists with at least another 10 games to play.

Useless alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He might get more respect around here if we give him a pet name. Something like Fun Rommy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

75 million pounds for the poor mans version of Chris smalling 🤣

Never change Liverpool 🕺🕺🕺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

75 million pounds for the poor mans version of Chris smalling ��

Never change Liverpool ������

Liverpool didn't pay £75m for either Lovren or Trent-Arnold, who were the players responsible for the defeat yesterday. United fans are absolutely desperate to convince themselves that VVD is a massive flop. Apart from a sticky first few games (when he was coming back into fitness after no pre-season with Southampton, and figuring out who his new team-mates are), he has been very good for Liverpool. His involvement is certainly helping Karius gain confidence. Lovren is a total lost cause at this point - put him beside Baresi in his prime and he'd still do what he did yesterday.

Ironic coming from Utd fans who've been slagging the 'neutrals' for writing off Sanchez already. I've said previously that both Sanchez and VVD need pre-seasons with their respective clubs in order to show what they can do. Regardless, VVD has actually been quite good. Not much he could do about yesterday. It's not a one-man defence. For example, do you blame De Gea when he concedes? Is every goal against Utd his fault? Of course not.

• Advertisement

Bahahahahaha what absolute fūcking nonsense

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

*exaggerated disparaging comment about rival player*

That's the real game.

Grayditch wrote: »
    *exaggerated disparaging comment about rival player*

That's the real game.

(Some) Utd fan maths:
    VVD cost a lot of money + Liverpool concede = VVD's a joker

(Some) Liverpool fan maths:
    Individual errors leading to goals: VVD (0) + Bailly (1) = Bailly must be worse then.

In reality, having watched the game, I thought Bailly was excellent. VVD was good, did nothing wrong. Boring opinions, but more based in reality, I think.

75 million pounds for the poor mans version of Chris smalling 🀣

Never change Liverpool 🕺🕺🕺

I thought shanetheslayer was an Everton fan, which would explain his rather misguided summation of Rom's season thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

fyfe79 wrote: »
    (Some) Utd fan maths:

Individual errors leading to goals: VVD (0) + Bailly (1) = Bailly must be worse then.

In reality, having watched the game, I thought Bailly was excellent. VVD was good, did nothing wrong. Boring opinions, but more based in reality, I think.

And also, VVD has been pretty good for Pool im general and Lukaku has also been good for United.

(Some) Utd fan maths:

It's all bollox tbh.

VVD was the kind of marshalling presence that LFC needed hence Klopp waited to get his man and over paid.

He has steadied yer defence somewhat but there is no doubt that he is only one piece of Klopps plan for defence. I'd imagine another experienced centre half will be high on the wish list for the summer.

Rom is the kind of player Jose loves and has added another dimension to our attack. We also over paid.

We are living in a time where every PL team will overpay e.g. Siggy and Stones for around £50 million.

If the players slot in and become a pivotal team member in their managers team then the cost is ultimately irrelevant.

Absolutely, slating Lukaku for 20 odd goals scored is just non-sensical.

Liverpool didn't pay £75m for either Lovren or Trent-Arnold, who were the players responsible for the defeat yesterday. United fans are absolutely desperate to convince themselves that VVD is a massive flop. Apart from a sticky first few games (when he was coming back into fitness after no pre-season with Southampton, and figuring out who his new team-mates are), he has been very good for Liverpool. His involvement is certainly helping Karius gain confidence. Lovren is a total lost cause at this point - put him beside Baresi in his prime and he'd still do what he did yesterday.

Ironic coming from Utd fans who've been slagging the 'neutrals' for writing off Sanchez already. I've said previously that both Sanchez and VVD need pre-seasons with their respective clubs in order to show what they can do. Regardless, VVD has actually been quite good. Not much he could do about yesterday. It's not a one-man defence. For example, do you blame De Gea when he concedes? Is every goal against Utd his fault? Of course not.

As a united fan,
    Its clear VVD is a good buy for ye, has shapped the defence up somewhat and karius has improved at the same time which i dont think is a coincidence. Its who you ay around him that'll make the differenece

As a united fan,
    Its clear VVD is a good buy for ye, has shapped the defence up somewhat and karius has improved at the same time which i dont think is a coincidence. Its who you ay around him that'll make the differenece

I'd certainly take Bailly as his partner anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Absolutely, slating Lukaku for 20 odd goals scored is just non-sensical.

Same as people slagging Salah yesterday when he's been outstanding all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

ElChe32 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

giphy-10-1.gif?w=480

(Some) Utd fan maths:

Nothing?

You don’t think he could have done better for Matas over head kick? He just stood there watching him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

(Some) Utd fan maths:

Nothing to do with his price tag for me anyway. He made his name as a baller and the fact he scores more than his fair share of goals. I’ve never rated him highly as an actual defender.
    I haven’t even seen him much in a Liverpool shirt, this opinion is purely based on his time at Southampton and Celtic.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Nothing?

You don’t think he could have done better for Matas over head kick? He just stood there watching him

From what I recall of that, there were 2 players tracking Mata (Lovren and Can, I think it was) and Mata peeled off them. A collective defensive brainfart. Unless VVD was assigned to Mata especially (I don't know, tbh), then it wasn't really his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

From what I recall of that, there were 2 players tracking Mata (Lovren and Can, I think it was) and Mata peeled off them. A collective defensive brainfart. Unless VVD was assigned to Mata especially (I don't know, tbh), then it wasn't really his job.

That's a cop out to say he was assigned the job. A top class defender sees what's going on and snuffs out the danger. He isn't and he didn't numerous times yesterday.

• Advertisement

He went walk about on that one weather he thought the defensive line should have been moving out or what but he vacated the middle for whatever reason

He went walk about on that one weather he thought the defensive line should have been moving out or what but he vacated the middle for whatever reason

Possibly that was the drill when preparing for the game. Push out when an attacker came through the middle like Mata did. Possibly he was the only one to actually do what was planned? Maybe he messed up? Who knows. All I know is that he looked irate with Lovren and Can when that happened. Easy to say he definitely messed up there when nobody, except the team and management, knows. I don't know, that's why I'm not saying for sure either way.

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Same as people slagging Salah yesterday when he's been outstanding all year.

Tbf lad, it was pure light-hearted stuff

Some lads on this forum take everything way too seriously

What you can honestly take from it is Salah is a class player (and I've openly said this before) however he was kept quite yesterday and was targeted tactically

Rivals will always take the piss when they get a chance, especially if they are particularly jealous of a certain player

I struggle every day to find out why this is a shock to some people

Utd as a team were simply better, nobody is blaming Salah for the result

Possibly that was the drill when preparing for the game. Push out when an attacker came through the middle like Mata did. Possibly he was the only one to actually do what was planned? Maybe he messed up? Who knows. All I know is that he looked irate with Lovren and Can when that happened. Easy to say he definitely messed up there when nobody, except the team and management, knows. I don't know, that's why I'm not saying for sure either way.

The problem I saw, was Mata was nearly inline with sanchez so the other defenders had to be where they were so vacating the middle looked poor, just on that one incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf lad, it was pure light-hearted stuff

Some lads on this forum take everything way too seriously

What you can honestly take from it is Salah is a class player (and I've openly said this before) however he was kept quite yesterday and was targeted tactically

Rivals will always take the piss when they get a chance, especially if they are particularly jealous of a certain player

I struggle every day to find out why this is a shock to some people

Utd as a team were simply better, nobody is blaming Salah for the result

To be honest with the rate you were posting them I assumed you were on the beer :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement