Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MUFC vs LFC - Kick-off 10 Mar, 12:30 - Buildup and Matchthread

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

fyfe79 wrote: »
    (Some) Utd fan maths:
    VVD cost a lot of money + Liverpool concede = VVD's a joker

(Some) Liverpool fan maths:
    Individual errors leading to goals: VVD (0) + Bailly (1) = Bailly must be worse then.

In reality, having watched the game, I thought Bailly was excellent. VVD was good, did nothing wrong. Boring opinions, but more based in reality, I think.

If VVD did nothing wrong how was mata completely free to miss that bicycle kick?

Edit: forget it I see your take on that. It's clear he has improved the Liverpool defence, I don't think he is a top centre half but with his competition at Liverpool he has certainly raised the bar there.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• The man of the hour :)

P9.rashford1.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf lad, it was pure light-hearted stuff

Some lads on this forum take everything way too seriously

Yeah, some people eh :pac::confused::eek::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The man of the hour :)

P9.rashford1.JPG

GREAT picture, if i could thank it twice i would

The man of the hour :)

P9.rashford1.JPG

Was this the first or second? both amazing goals to be fair

scudzilla wrote: »

he got the assist from trent on the 2nd so 1st id imagine

• scudzilla wrote: »

1st!!

1st!!

Any good pics of the second?

• scudzilla wrote: »
    Any good pics of the second?

Couldn't find one, best I can do is him celebrating :)

Marcus-Rashford-manchester-united.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Well deserved win for United ,
    Now i'm not complaining or bitter but they certainly had a slice of good fortune,2 pens could have been given or at least certainly talking points, In my opinion the Valencia hand ball was stone wall peno, the Fellani one is hard to call some days you get it some days you don't  ( had to laugh at Nev saying he didn't mean to foul Mane most people don't mean to foul in the box)
    Considering the ref and his history of given soft pens it wouldn't have surprised me if he gave one ,
    Rashford could have had 2 yellows on another day ,
    I thought the crowd celebration was a certain yellow at the time I seen it but it was before his actually yellow so he may not have  omitted the foul after being booked,
    One thing that no one seems to have spoke about was Bailly grabbing Solanke by the throat , I remember when that was a straight Red but haven't seen anyone sent off for it in a long time is that rule gone ?
    Deserved win by United and Liverpool defensive frailties cost them dearly,
    Should be the end of Lovren and a new CB being brought in this summer, Also shows what iv said countless time Trent is our 3rd best right full Gomez and Clyne miles ahead of him at this moment, Although he probably has the highest ceiling of the 3.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

Now i'm not complaining or bitter but they certainly had a slice of good fortune,2 pens could have been given or at least certainly talking points, In my opinion the Valencia hand ball was stone wall peno, the Fellani one is hard to call some days you get it some days you don't  ( had to laugh at Nev saying he didn't mean to foul Mane most people don't mean to foul in the box)
    Considering the ref and his history of given soft pens it wouldn't have surprised me if he gave one ,
    I thought the crowd celebration was a certain yellow at the time I seen it but it was before his actually yellow so he may not have  omitted the foul after being booked,
    One thing that no one seems to have spoke about was Bailly grabbing Solanke by the throat , I remember when that was a straight Red but haven't seen anyone sent off for it in a long time is that rule gone ?
    Should be the end of Lovren and a new CB being brought in this summer, Also shows what iv said countless time Trent is our 3rd best right full Gomez and Clyne miles ahead of him at this moment, Although he probably has the highest ceiling of the 3.,

I'd agree with the Valencia penalty, we were sitting in that end and he was 10 yards away and it hit him straight in the arm.
    Lovren was terrible, don't know why they didn't target him as much in the second half. Lukaku was making him look like a child from De Gea's kick outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

In my opinion the Valencia hand ball was stone wall peno

Ref gave the right decision. The ball hit his arm with his arm by his side, close to his side. He didn't move his arm towards the ball to stop it or control it. It was accidental. You couldn't possibly give a penalty for that.

IBrows89 wrote: »

I'd agree with the Valencia penalty, we were sitting in that end and he was 10 yards away and it hit him straight in the arm.
    Lovren was terrible, don't know why they didn't target him as much in the second half. Lukaku was making him look like a child from De Gea's kick outs.
    I heard Lovren lost 2 headers all game just both happen to lead to goals, United did target him but he won everything else,
    Lovren is an easy target as he does make mistakes but lets be fair Strikers up and down the country win flick on's every weekend that don't lead to goals,
    Trent was asleep on the first one id squarely blame him ,even VVD would not win every header against Lakaku your full backs need to understand that and stay switched on,
     The second one was a bit of a mess to be fair, Lovren, Can, VVD and Trent all had chances to stop it,

Relikk wrote: »
    In my opinion the Valencia hand ball was stone wall peno

Ref gave the right decision. The ball hit his arm with his arm by his side, close to his side. He didn't move his arm towards the ball to stop it or control it. It was accidental. You couldn't possibly give a penalty for that.
    "The ball hit his arm with his arm by his side,"  That's simply not true it was not by his side, he had ran past the ball and his arm was out in a straight line behind him ,
    He was a good ten yards from Robertson who struck it and Mane was free behind him, Valencia got away with one, I'd say 80% of the time its given ,
    You know what the give away is , Its the only  one of the so called 4 penalty appeals in the game that every player flung there hand up straight away looking for it,
    I think it was obvious it was a peno .,

They even had a former ref on BT was it Poll ? said peno and the one the ref got wrong,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

5:02

Right, so you're expecting the first defender sticking his leg out there to clear a ball fired in with a decent amount of pace, first defender misses it... You're running towards goal and slightly turning back with a millisecond to react, your arm is slightly behind you at your side and the ball hits it. Wouldn't you feel hard done by if the ref gave a penalty for that? Bloody right you would. There's no intention there, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

"The ball hit his arm with his arm by his side,"  That's simply not true it was not by his side, he had ran past the ball and his arm was out in a straight line behind him ,
    He was a good ten yards from Robertson who struck it and Mane was free behind him, Valencia got away with one, I'd say 80% of the time its given ,
    You know what the give away is , Its the only  one of the so called 4 penalty appeals in the game that every player flung there hand up straight away looking for it,
    I think it was obvious it was a peno .,

That’s simply not true either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

They even had a former ref on BT was it Poll ? said peno and the one the ref got wrong,

https://twitter.com/crlfc74/status/973162364538408960?s=21

Even refs disagree with each other so it’s not going to be sorted out here :)
    Valencia high foot was a red for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Valencia was definitely a red.

I've seen the hand ball been given plenty of times as well though.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

Not sure about the red but you have to say there was a lot of 50/50 that all went United's way
    Again thought the 2 goals Liverpool let in where there own fault so no excuses just plenty of talking points .,

TitianGerm wrote: »

Not sure about the red but you have to say there was a lot of 50/50 that all went United's way
    Again thought the 2 goals Liverpool let in where there own fault so no excuses just plenty of talking points .,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement