Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwegian Flight Looking for Volunteers

Options
  • 07-03-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering when a carrier, in this case Norwegian, contact passengers looking for volunteers to travel on an alternative flight, will they pay for an alternate flight with a different carrier, Aer Lingus for example if Norwegian have no more flights out of my departure city that day?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Well I’d say their first port of call would be to find people who’d happily take a flight with them the day before or after maybe and also receiver compensation. If nobody takes this up they might take the steps to buy you a ticket on another carrier but I’d say that’s a last resort.
    What route is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Depends really sounds like they overbooked the flight. They might fly you later to Oslo or Gatwick then on to wherever you were going. Would need more information really. Normally they dont overbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just off the phone with them, they offered to book with Aer Lingus on the same day and give compensation.
    Was Dub - NYC Stewart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Just off the phone with them, they offered to book with Aer Lingus on the same day and give compensation.
    Was Dub - NYC Stewart

Id take it be a direct flight into Newark or JFK if you can get Newark out of them its a 20 min train ride into NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On that route it's possible it was a 737max to NG sub and they were over the capacity; rather than a traditional overbook

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

L1011 wrote: »
    On that route it's possible it was a 737max to NG sub and they were over the capacity; rather than a traditional overbook

Yeah very possible, airlines are excellent and managing overbooking and its rare for it to be an issue outside of peak summer months and busy travel periods

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There was also cancellations yesterday to Stewart due to poor weather, so maybe some important people needed seats on today's flight out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

There was also cancellations yesterday to Stewart due to poor weather, so maybe some important people needed seats on today's flight out?

Important people use SWF (and Norwegian)?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Noxegon wrote: »
    Important people use SWF (and Norwegian)?

Lots of business jets in Newburgh and its usually the businessman who uses their facilities as its right bang in Hudson valley area. Ive seen big private planes there the 3 times ive been there like 4 engine ones.
    I cant wait for them to start the canada flights from dublin.
    I see from a recent post u never used them perhaps you should try them but bring ure own sausages and taytos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Ive seen big private planes there the 3 times ive been there like 4 engine ones.

There aren't that many 4 engine private aircraft in operation, so whats unique about SWF that attracts them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

mikel97 wrote: »
    Lots of business jets in Newburgh and its usually the businessman who uses their facilities as its right bang in Hudson valley area. Ive seen big private planes there the 3 times ive been there like 4 engine ones.
    I cant wait for them to start the canada flights from dublin.
    I see from a recent post u never used them perhaps you should try them but bring ure own sausages and taytos.

You must have flown to SWF during the UN meet, some VIP/Government widebodies went to Newburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Norwegian don't overbook flights. Most likely due to an issue with previously affected flights due weather.

Advertisement