Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir make it impossible to get official complaint reference

Options
  • 07-03-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

I have been on to Eir for the last 7 months, trying to get broadband (see other threads: dozens of failed installations). I have made a complaint to ComReg, but they need an official Eir complaint reference number, to track this on Eir's side.

Eir's suggestions at https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ include using: 

webchat - they won't help, they just tell you to call a number (which also proved fruitless)

online complaints form - a one line textbox to explain 7 months? Okay. Anyway, I filled it out twice last week, gave my e-mail, a/c number, and a fake number. They force you to enter a landline line number: but I don't have one because Eir fail to give me a phone line. Go figure.The site after submission, says I'll receive a response in 48 hours. No response after 120 hours, and you just know I ain't going to get one.

call customer care - they transfer me to "complaints"; I waited about 45 minutes twice, no answer.

I need an official complaint number and a recognition of complaint. Making this impossible is unethical and probably illegal.

Please advise me how to get my complaint reference number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Get on to comreg about it, they can't do much but you can just tell them that Eir won't give you a complaint reference number and they can follow that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

rat_race wrote: »
    I have been on to Eir for the last 7 months, trying to get broadband (see other threads: dozens of failed installations). I have made a complaint to ComReg, but they need an official Eir complaint reference number, to track this on Eir's side.

webchat - they won't help, they just tell you to call a number (which also proved fruitless)

online complaints form - a one line textbox to explain 7 months? Okay. Anyway, I filled it out twice last week, gave my e-mail, a/c number, and a fake number. They force you to enter a landline line number: but I don't have one because Eir fail to give me a phone line. Go figure.The site after submission, says I'll receive a response in 48 hours. No response after 120 hours, and you just know I ain't going to get one.

call customer care - they transfer me to "complaints"; I waited about 45 minutes twice, no answer.

I need an official complaint number and a recognition of complaint. Making this impossible is unethical and probably illegal.

Hi rat_race, 

I understand your frustrations here. 

This would be the standard process for a complaint, to log it online or they are contactable on 1800 200 481. They can check up on this for you. 

Apologies for all delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Hi rat_race, 

I understand your frustrations here. 

This would be the standard process for a complaint, to log it online or they are contactable on 1800 200 481. They can check up on this for you. 

Apologies for all delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Ok, I'll wait a bit longer and hopefully someone'll respond. Thanks for the quick reply, Tracey :) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You'll wait forever and a day with Eir. If they don't want to do the job they won't. Basically if its going to cost them money they won't do the work but they won't actually tell you that. They are supposed to supply you with a service up to a cost to them of 4k but they seem to ignore that. If you need say a pole and copper cable laying then they normally try to get out of it. Comreg, consumerline@comreg.ie may be of some assistance ask them how quickly Eir should be putting in a new connection and how quickly Eir should be responding to complaints.

my3cents wrote: »
    You'll wait forever and a day with Eir. If they don't want to do the job they won't. Basically if its going to cost them money they won't do the work but they won't actually tell you that. They are supposed to supply you with a service up to a cost to them of 4k but they seem to ignore that. If you need say a pole and copper cable laying then they normally try to get out of it. Comreg, consumerline@comreg.ie may be of some assistance ask them how quickly Eir should be putting in a new connection and how quickly Eir should be responding to complaints.
    All they're doing is pissing off 50 or so people in this estate (mainly through misinformation and wasting everybody's time), and will end up with 0 customers out of about a potential 50 of us (and growing), if this continues for much longer. It's very bad for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

I feel for you, rat_race.  So far, it seems things may not have changed much since I went the official Eircom complaint route some time ago (e.g. the 400-character online complaint form was of some use to me - as a writing exercise!).

Any luck with the complaint number?  I didn’t quite make it to the Comreg stage, but if you’re going ahead, a couple of lessons from it might be of some use to you if you’re interested.

Fogmatic wrote: »
    I feel for you, rat_race.  So far, it seems things may not have changed much since I went the official Eircom complaint route some time ago (e.g. the 400-character online complaint form was of some use to me - as a writing exercise!).

Any luck with the complaint number?  I didn’t quite make it to the Comreg stage, but if you’re going ahead, a couple of lessons from it might be of some use to you if you’re interested.
    Hi Fogmatic. I eventually got a response to one of the complaints (I filed two, one with more detail -- they responded to the simple one) saying "Oh, I see you were on a call to one of our agents yesterday. i trust everything is sorted.". I wasn't on a call, go figure. I have since TWICE asked for a reference number. No response.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thinking back, I seem to remember there were points when Comreg would act if contacted directly, and have an idea that refusal to give a complaint reference number was one of them.

I couldn’t spot the answer on Comreg’s website, and couldn’t see a search button, but consumers can contact them direct with queries.  The contacts page only shows a phone number and email address for some reason, but there are more options (including text-back) in the PDF linked to on the right.  (It is at least a smallish file, maybe reflecting their experience with Eir!).  
    https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/got-a-question/

If they can make Eir give you the complaint reference, it wouldn’t of course do any harm to mention you’ve done it/are about to, in your next communication with Eir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Fogmatic. I eventually got a response to one of the complaints (I filed two, one with more detail -- they responded to the simple one) saying "Oh, I see you were on a call to one of our agents yesterday. i trust everything is sorted.". I wasn't on a call, go figure. I have since TWICE asked for a reference number. No response.
    Hi rat_race, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still awaiting a complaints reference number. You can contact them on 1800 200 481 and they'll be able to assist you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi rat_race, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still awaiting a complaints reference number. You can contact them on 1800 200 481 and they'll be able to assist you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey: if only it were that simple. That is customer care. They cannot "see" complaints. They can, of course, give you the email address for the complaints department, which of course, as mentioned above, is proving fairly useless.

Or of course, transfer you, which would be fine if I could wait on hold for 2 hours.

Cheers,
    Cormac

• Advertisement
Advertisement