Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever turned a blind eye to a crime?

• 07-03-2018 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

As the title says haave you ever witnessed a crime happening and didnt report/ignored it?

Without too many speicifics tell the crime.

The reason im asking is in light with the issues during the storm there seemed to be a lot more crime happening and lot more people standing idle by and not doing anything about it

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Crystal Palace were robbed in the 90th minute by United on Monday. I'm not even sure who to report that to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

pfft sure the Gardai do it all the time. Templemore slush funds and breath test fiascos a wall of silence goes up and nobody knows nuttin.

Does marveling at the ability of some people to roll a perfect joint regardless of the conditions count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Something about The Bankers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in a supermarket before and there were these kids in shiny shoes who were about twelve before. They put a good few things down their pants and went up to the counter and paid for one item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I didn't call the guards when I saw a load of kids robbing bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Just this morning I saw a cyclist breaking a red light. He wasn't even wearing a helmet.
    I didn't call the gards because I assume that was what the young man in the car beside me was doing on his phone.

Real crimes ; not that I can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Joshua J wrote: »
    pfft sure the Gardai do it all the time. Templemore slush funds and breath test fiascos a wall of silence goes up and nobody knows nuttin.

You are correct.
    Sure the guards have been known to sell a confiscated mobile phone from time to time too. Little in comparison I know. Bit still. Most if not all have benediction the law. Even the law lol.

But who hasn't seen someone break the law. We all have. That said if you're talking about robbing someone's home or stealing a car or attempted bloody murder by running after someone with a hammer then yeah these are the crimes you shouldn't turn a blind eye too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

I commit enough of it myself that I'm predisposed to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Just this morning I saw a cyclist breaking a red light. He wasn't even wearing a helmet.
    I didn't call the gards because I assume that was what the young man in the car beside me was doing on his phone.

Real crimes ; not that I can think of

There is no law against cycling bare headed. I hope that eases your conscience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Well according to some ppl if we see someone robbing bread we should turn a blind eye to it so I dunno tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

There is no law against cycling bare headed. I hope that eases your conscience.

I'm well aware :p
    Although cycling daily for the majority of 20 years, I have finally given in to wearing one this week (due to a guilt trip from my 3 year old)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I did nothing when I saw a man order red wine with fish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

I seen a person smoke a joint once but I couldn't tell if they inhaled

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Was having a drink with a mate in The Pint on Eden Quay, we saw some lad on a bike rob a woman's bag. She ran after him, after a few seconds we decided that one of us would go find her and see if she was okay and the other rang the Gardai. She was nowhere to be found when I went to find her and the Gardai said there was nothing they could really do, didn't ask us for any more information really.

I would have liked to have had it logged as a statistic to be honest.

I'd probably do the same again, I've been robbed before and it can really affect someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Everyday the Gardai turn a blind eye to drug dealing in Dublin city centre.

Advertisement