Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-spam measures

Options
  • 07-03-2018 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi there, any time I open boards I have to input anti-spam measures (select the squares that have a car it in). This is a relatively new thing. Is there something going on with my account/IP address recently that is causing me to do this?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi dango,

Sorry about that. From time to time, Cloudflare can implement some extra security checks. Protecting the site when there might be an issue is exactly what we need Cloudflare to do, but this can have the knock on effect of interrupting someone's experience of using the site. Sorry for the inconvenience and any disruption!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Time to time = every time I try to access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve personally never experienced this, so I’m wondering why it’s being triggered for you and not me. Are you posting from abroad or anything else unusual?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's practically every time for me too, both on the laptop on my phone - very, very frustrating, particularly on the phone when I have to regularly do a picture match thing. I'm posting from the UK but surely that shouldn't be an issue for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

dudara wrote: »
    I’ve personally never experienced this, so I’m wondering why it’s being triggered for you and not me. Are you posting from abroad or anything else unusual?

I'm in the UK.

I was trying not to exaggerate in my post but it nearly is every time I try to log on too...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm logged in from UK and get the prompt every time too.

Boards.ie Employee

Overseas access can make Cloudflare more jumpy. I'm sorry for the disruption and inconvenience in using the site. Unfortunately we need Cloudflare to kick in when there may be issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm in the north and every time I access I have to do the "I'm not a robot" check box thing. It's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bunalunhoney

Me too, every time. Reassuring to know the reason, didn't know why this was happening.

Any chance of whitelisting certain IP addresses? In work I only ever access the site from 2 specific IP addresses, although I realise it wouldn't work from home or mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Happening for me too everytime I visit the site. Didn't mind at first but it's getting frustrating now! Also logging on from the UK so I guess that's the issue

Boards.ie Employee

We're seeing less activity from Cloudflare in the last little while. Can ye let me know if this is still an issue?

Much better - I see the Cloudflare page checking before loading, but I don't have to input anything into Captcha, which makes it much more seamless. Thanks a million!!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

I'm the same as above.

Advertisement