Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shops in Limerick

• 07-03-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Looking for an alternative to Halfords as a late opening weekday bike shop where I can get tyre tubes and general maintenance done. Sick of giving Halfords my money due to their unhelpful staff. I've been in there a few times recently and almost feel like I'm an inconvenience to the staff by asking them questions.

I know a lot of the smaller shops around town have closed but are there any left that would stay open until 6:30pm or 7pm on a weekday? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Mod Edit

We try to be helpful here.

On your bike, son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

The Hub is fantastic but not sure about opening hours

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's a bike shop out by the coonagh roundabout, and another near the south court. There used to be a small place open at the top of William Street, did bike and lawnmower repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Give The Hub at Coonagh a ring.

http://www.thehubbikes.ie/
    061 324 444

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MarkR wrote: »
    There's a bike shop out by the coonagh roundabout, and another near the south court. There used to be a small place open at the top of William Street, did bike and lawnmower repairs.

Think the bike shop by South Court is closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Limerick Smarter travel sometimes organise bike repairs in Bedford Row, UL or the Market -I think they're fairly infrequent so they might not suit you but theymight be worth looking up

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

There is a mobile bike mechanic in Limerick , I think the name is Gary sheehan , his setup looks very professional google him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is a mobile bike mechanic in Limerick , I think the name is Gary sheehan , his setup looks very professional google him .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gary-Sheehan-Mobile-Bike-Repair/638192062936285

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

jbkenn wrote: »
    Mod Edit

We try to be helpful here.

On your bike, son.

Believe it or not Mark I was was being helpful, if you do a Google of "bike shops limerick", the first three responses are
    The Hub Bike for Life Coonagh,
    The Bike Shop O'Connell Avenue
    Raw Cycles and Skateepark Delta Retail Park
    Then you have Halfords, whom the OP has no faith in.
    Thats your lot in Limerick, Tri Bikes in Raheen closed months ago, and Siopa Rothair in John Street closed some years back.
    So perhaps , you might need to drag your own bike out of the shed. :)

John K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I think raw are open late some evenings if memory serves me correct.
    Lads in there are very good. Be worth giving them a ring.

Tribbikes and siopa rothar are long gone....,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I've found the lads on oconnell avenue to be really good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

jbkenn wrote: »
    Believe it or not Mark I was was being helpful, if you do a Google of "bike shops limerick", the first three responses are
    The Hub Bike for Life Coonagh,
    The Bike Shop O'Connell Avenue
    Raw Cycles and Skateepark Delta Retail Park
    Then you have Halfords, whom the OP has no faith in.
    Thats your lot in Limerick, Tri Bikes in Raheen closed months ago, and Siopa Rothair in John Street closed some years back.
    So perhaps , you might need to drag your own bike out of the shed. :)

John K

You weren't, otherwise people wouldn't have reported your post.

If you'd posted that post as opposed to the 1st one then it would have been helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Thanks guys. I'll contact some of those places and see what suits best. I had googled bike shops in Limerick but from what I've seen from Google, business hours are very often wrong and business hours are one of my main requirements. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

St. Mary's Aid on Nicholas Street offer a bicycle repair service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

I was about to recommend evolution cycles in St. Patricks yard, but see that he is closed and now in Ennis..... He was top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

another +1 for the lads in the Hub they do a nice coffee also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

martyc5674 wrote:
    I think raw are open late some evenings if memory serves me correct. Lads in there are very good. Be worth giving them a ring.

They're open til 9 on Fridays. They're my local so I deal with them more than any others. Can't praise them enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Over in East Clare in Killaloe you have Planet Tri.

Late opening every Thursday.

Also Sunday lunchtimes, which is handy if out for a spin and you get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Mc Love wrote: »

HI all
    Had Gary Sheehan out to me today. I am in West Limerick.
    Very professional set up and very reasonable.
    His van is kitted out for the job, can work outside .
    He told me he works 2 days a week in Limerick.

Highly recommend him..
    It was this Thread where i found out about him
    Any way his number 087 6364270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

HI all Had Gary Sheehan out to me today. I am in West Limerick. Very professional set up and very reasonable. His van is kitted out for the job, can work outside . He told me he works 2 days a week in Limerick.

+1 for Gary Sheahen. He's the resident bike mechanic out in UL so I often go to him to get bits and bobs fixed. He's a mobile service so could call out to you in the evening or the times your looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement