Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Cox & friends 25th August Ballinlough castle

Options
  • 07-03-2018 1:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Carl Cox back in Ireland after a 10 year absence, ballinlough castle is a decent venue that hosted the festival HiFi some years ago.

Hotel prices are through the roof for that weekend in mullingar so it looks like ill be on the dreaded bus going back to Dublin that night.

Whos going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

thebull85 wrote: »
    Carl Cox back in Ireland after a 10 year absence, ballinlough castle is a decent venue that hosted the festival HiFi some years ago.

Hotel prices are through the roof for that weekend in mullingar so it looks like ill be on the dreaded bus going back to Dublin that night.

Whos going?

Have you tried checking some hotels/ B&B's in the likes of Athboy, Kells, Navan Trim etc? Ballinlough Castle is as close to those towns/villages as Mullingar? I know folks who often stay in those spots for the 'Body & Soul' Festival at the same venue each year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

room_149 wrote: »
    Have you tried checking some hotels/ B&B's in the likes of Athboy, Kells, Navan Trim etc? Ballinlough Castle is as close to those towns/villages as Mullingar? I know folks who often stay in those spots for the 'Body & Soul' Festival at the same venue each year

Thanks ill check those areas out, would you say those towns would be easily accesible after the gig? as in taxi or bus. obviously i wont be driving.

Thanks ill check those areas out, would you say those towns would be easily accesible after the gig? as in taxi or bus. obviously i wont be driving.
    I'd imagine there will be buses/coaches running for the likes of Trim & Navan, though you'd probably have to book your place on them first. Not too sure about the likes of Athboy. Worth checking I guess. They may be serviced by Trim/ Navan bus companies being on the same route? Kells might be serviced by bus companies in Cavan or somewhere perhaps?
    You'll certainly get a taxi to and from all the towns/villages mentioned- a cursory glance at a map will show you that they are all within range of Ballinlough.
    Get a bus if you can- I've been a festival/ rave goer since the early 90s and have always found getting taxis afterwards a pain in the arsenal!!

Point of order- the 'Hi-fI' festival took place in Belvedere House/ Mullingar (current home of the excellent 'Life-Festival') - not Ballinlough! There's about 30miles in the difference!!
    You are probably confusing it with the 'Garden Party' which ran at Ballinlough Castle back in 2006 & 2007 and was promoted by the Bodytonic/ Pogo kids IIRC

room_149 wrote: »
    I'd imagine there will be buses/coaches running for the likes of Trim & Navan, though you'd probably have to book your place on them first. Not too sure about the likes of Athboy. Worth checking I guess. They may be serviced by Trim/ Navan bus companies being on the same route? Kells might be serviced by bus companies in Cavan or somewhere perhaps?
    You'll certainly get a taxi to and from all the towns/villages mentioned- a cursory glance at a map will show you that they are all within range of Ballinlough.
    Get a bus if you can- I've been a festival/ rave goer since the early 90s and have always found getting taxis afterwards a pain in the arsenal!!

Point of order- the 'Hi-fI' festival took place in Belvedere House/ Mullingar (current home of the excellent 'Life-Festival') - not Ballinlough! There's about 30miles in the difference!!
    You are probably confusing it with the 'Garden Party' which ran at Ballinlough Castle back in 2006 & 2007 and was promoted by the Bodytonic/ Pogo kids IIRC

ahh you are correct of course, i just assumed was the same venue as its the same part of the world roughly.. thanks for the info ill check those places out.

Defo dont wanna be on a bus home to Dublin after the gig ha

ahh you are correct of course, i just assumed was the same venue as its the same part of the world roughly.. thanks for the info ill check those places out.

Defo dont wanna be on a bus home to Dublin after the gig ha

Ha ha-

At least you got the county correct- Mick Masterson on Phever Radio keeps saying it's taking place in Meath!

Best of luck with the hotel search- can't go myself due to a bloody Wedding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

navan very easily accessible after the gig, less than half hour away. Try get hotel or b&b in Navan.

Go to booking.com and you can book through there. Just did a quick search and there are a few hotels/b&bs left available for 25th August

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DonkeyDick1992

Did any off you ever use Concertbus.ie.. was thinking of surprise my wife with tickets to CC but dissappionted to see all bnb and hotels within reasonable distance booked out..

Concertbus is 25e return each from ballinasloe soIghtfield be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

4 of us heading from Dublin... will be bussing it. Praying it won't be a kiddy District 8 type fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

4 of us heading from Dublin... will be bussing it. Praying it won't be a kiddy District 8 type fest!

It will

It will

I'd imagine so :D just hoping at 27 the few of us aren't feeling like OAPs :pac:

• Advertisement

our gang are all early 30s, f**k it.

We can group together to fend off the nippers! :D

We can group together to fend off the nippers! :D

i really dont think it will be that bad, theres gonna be a lot of older crowd at this. Carl Cox has been around so long that people in there 40s be still into him and a good number of them will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Any updates on buses from Dublin to this? Can't seem to find anything on google other than the ticketmaster bus + event tickets, we already have our event tickets sorted so just looking for transport from Dublin city centre there and back.

Harambe wrote: »
    Any updates on buses from Dublin to this? Can't seem to find anything on google other than the ticketmaster bus + event tickets, we already have our event tickets sorted so just looking for transport from Dublin city centre there and back.

https://national.buseireann.ie/?originStop=10642&destinationstop=55677&ticketType=2&departdate=25-aug-2018&departtime=1200&returndate=26-aug-2018&returntime=0000&adult=1&child=0&student=0&family=0

€30 is steep enough.

You'd image Express Bus or one of them crowds will do buses too.

Darren Emerson formerly of Underworld announced as one of the support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dotsyirl

Any update on anyone else playing apart from Emerson?

Just booked these. €60 for 2 of us, very steep! Booked the 00:15 bus back to Dublin. Not sure when the gig actually finishes but I assume it's before then.

You'd imagine ExpressBus will do buses - they're always doing these type of events and even have ads on Phever FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Just booked these. €60 for 2 of us, very steep! Booked the 00:15 bus back to Dublin. Not sure when the gig actually finishes but I assume it's before then.

Anyone know the definite end time for the gig?

• Advertisement

With the city shut down essentially all day on the Saturday it will be a pain for bus companies running buses out to this :/

With the city shut down essentially all day on the Saturday it will be a pain for bus companies running buses out to this :/

Why will it be shut down? I thought the pope visit was on the Sunday?

Why will it be shut down? I thought the pope visit was on the Sunday?

Sat & Sun.

Sunday closures are miles worse but Sat has part of the Quays closed, etc... Will the guards allow buses for this be parked around the city with the volume of people descending on Dublin that weekend? Will be interesting to see tbh.

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/pope-visit-road-closures-635757

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

I've had 2 mates pull out of going to CC because of restrictions on the Saturday and Sunday!

chewed wrote: »
    I've had 2 mates pull out of going to CC because of restrictions on the Saturday and Sunday!

Don't mean they got two of the 500,000 tickets to Phoenix Park? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

What are the options now to sell my ticket:pac::pac:

I truly don't understand what is the point of having the gig in such remote area.

You'd want to try shift it fast - loads being uploaded to Ticket Drop group on Facebook on a daily basis.

We've avoided the general buses from town and arranged our own mini bus - avoid the crap that Frano is going to cause in Dublin that weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah is grand now, my friend is going drive me instead ha (thanks pope!!)

now the only concern is the 18yo kids:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ShazMc

We're driving to the Carl Cox gig in our campervan.... wondering if we'll be allowed to park on the grounds for the night? Can't drink and drive obviously...anyone know the story?

Advertisement