Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Cox & friends 25th August Ballinlough castle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lucy Lou

You'd want to try shift it fast - loads being uploaded to Ticket Drop group on Facebook on a daily basis.

We've avoided the general buses from town and arranged our own mini bus - avoid the crap that Frano is going to cause in Dublin that weekend!

Who did you use to arrange the mini bus? And are they collecting you afterwards too?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Who did you use to arrange the mini bus? And are they collecting you afterwards too?

Not too sure tbh, my mate organised it. There's a mountain of companies around - it may be too late now though.

Ye the driver is hanging around to drop us home - that's normal procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

what time is it kicking off on Saturday? Just wondering what's a good time to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

Anyone know if Mandy is playing?

chewed wrote: »
    what time is it kicking off on Saturday? Just wondering what's a good time to get there.
    Gates open 2.30.. don’t miss Jon Rundell, he’s quality!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Buzzing for this

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

Looking forward to this... my group also early 30s, Im hoping the trip out to "country" will deter the nippers 😉 what size is the venue?

wadefuq wrote: »
    Looking forward to this... my group also early 30s, Im hoping the trip out to "country" will deter the nippers 😉 what size is the venue?

Indeed, nothing worse that kids running about with eyes rolling in their heads. Personally, I can’t wait, last time i seen him live was backstage in Space Ibiza, Carl and Heidi had a dance off to a prince tune.. what a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m getting a lift down so only going to use my bus ticket on way back. I’m sure that this ok that I’m not going both ways on bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I couldn't do this as I have to be onsite at Electric Picnic on Sunday, plus when the gig finishes I'd be up for running about the wood like I'd do at Body&Soul but NO! I'd have to go home and that for me is a buzzkill, one night, not enough. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Serious amount of tickets up for sale on Ticket Drop, Adverts & Toutless. Seen some as low as €30... is the Popes visit screwing up peoples transport plans!?

Serious amount of tickets up for sale on Ticket Drop, Adverts & Toutless. Seen some as low as €30... is the Popes visit screwing up peoples transport plans!?
    Think a lot of people are afraid of it been a Nike Air Max fest or that Electic Picnic is the following weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Hopefully the festival and gig hunzos hold out for Electric Picnic the following week

I don't think the weather will be our friend this Saturday either! Rain forecast. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I'm travelling from Limerick to Artane first, going to leave nice and early Saturday morning just in case traffic is mental.
    Once we get to Artane we'll be making our way to the 3 arena for the bus.
    On Sunday then I'll travel back down during the Pope's thing in Pheonix Park.
    Shouldn't have too many traffic issues, should I?

Harambe wrote: »
    I'm travelling from Limerick to Artane first, going to leave nice and early Saturday morning just in case traffic is mental.
    The Pope is in knock on Sunday, Phoenix Park is Sat

Capone79 wrote: »
    The Pope is in knock on Sunday, Phoenix Park is Sat

No, Pope is in Knock Sunday morning and then travelling up to Phoenix Park early Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

OKJNixn.jpg

chewed wrote: »
    No, Pope is in Knock Sunday morning and then travelling up to Phoenix Park early Sunday afternoon.
    Apologies, then why is everyone worried about travelling on Saturday?

Would you be getting a taxi in from Artane? You'll probably get as far as East Wall so maybe 15 min walk to the Point from there. If you're planning on a bus to The Point, you may get as far as Connolly Station then have to walk or jump on a bus.

• Advertisement

Capone79 wrote: »
    Apologies, then why is everyone worried about travelling on Saturday?

Because he's in all around the city centre on Saturday... Croke Park, Pro Cathedral, Day Centre of the Capuchin Fathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

wadefuq wrote: »
    Looking forward to this... my group also early 30s, Im hoping the trip out to "country" will deter the nippers �� what size is the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

OKJNixn.jpg

Its weird seeing a stage there, when working at Body&Soul that is the Production camping area and where the arriving performers get accredited to the festival. It looks like the same main stage used for ATN actually.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

infacteh wrote: »
    1000 or 10,000 I’ll be front and center!

Would you be getting a taxi in from Artane? You'll probably get as far as East Wall so maybe 15 min walk to the Point from there. If you're planning on a bus to The Point, you may get as far as Connolly Station then have to walk or jump on a bus.

Taxi from Artane, cool a 15 minute walk shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Taxi from Artane, cool a 15 minute walk shouldn't be an issue.

OH YES OH YES! The mood is building, and building fast. A group of us drink in a certain bar in rural East Meath (clue there ;) hehe), worked out only 60 quid more than a minibus. Aged between early thirties to early 60s. Getting a bus home though. Not really worried about the 'yoof'. We all look like well 'ard geezas!

https://www.facebook.com/beattvofficial/videos/499299973875973/

He’s pumping tonight, can’t wait for tomorrow. Another thing Martin Garrix etc are in Belfast tomorrow night which might keep a few of the scallies away!

He just blew the roof off Creamfields, can't wait for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kennyfolz94

Does anybody know is there a number to contact for lost and found?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

So what was it like? Hope ye all had a good one.

Advertisement