Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portuguese Citizenship

Options
  • 07-03-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Apologies if this is in the incorrect forum, I couldn't find a forum for my query.
    I am British but my father was Portuguese, and I met with the Portuguese Embassy in Dublin, Ireland (where I live) who confirmed I was entitled to apply for Portuguese citizenship.
    I have all the documents I need but have two more questions to ask them (and their website is down, and no reply to my voicemail or emails). They told me all documents must be translated to Portuguese, does this include my British passport? I'd imagine the answer is no, as only the photo page is of note on a passport and that should be self-explanatory. Most importantly, to whom should I make the €175 postal order payable to?
    I have completed as much of the application form as I can but need their help in a few sections, as I cannot read/write or speak Portuguese. They had told me when I have all the documents that I should make an appointment and bring everything in and they would help me complete the form, as they need to witness my signature. Then they would post everything off to the office in Lisbon.
    The problem being that I have gone to a lot of cost, time and effort to get all the required documents but now I am unable to get back in touch with them. If anybody is able to offer any advice, that would be appreciated!

Advertisement