Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE solution for poor broadband area

• 07-03-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or successes with something like this

https://www.irishwireless.net/preconfigured-to-irish-network/pa-mmb0727-8x-lte-solution

It's a Mikrotik router and a CAT 4 LTE modem with a directional antenna ready to be wall mounted on an exterior wall.

I have tested the area with a 4G dongle and received decent 50 MBit + down and 25 MBit up speeds so expect to receive better speeds due to the higher gain antenna. I have the direction to the nearest tower via siteviewer.

Any tips on these kind of systems? The area is quite wooded and I tested in the winter months where there is little leaf growth in the area - would this have a significant effect on the speeds?

Area is just outside of Fibre coverage and I don't expect anything soon. Going with Eir 50GB bundle for €30. Have calculated the monthly usuage at roughly 40 GB per month so far on the crap DSL connection.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement