Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Women's Mini Marathon June 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah it's the first year in many that I'll miss it :( I've a hen party on that weekend at the other end of the country. New medal looks good. And I hear they've now included the option to have your race number posted out which will be a great help to many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

They're not having categories this year, apparently (like 'walker', 'jogger' etc). But you still need to show proof of a sub-75 minute time, so I hope that means there are wave starts and we can get a good run at it ...

Oh you need to have categories for a crowd that size! The problem was that people were being silly and going in the wrong pen and the organisers weren't strict enough about it. I was in the jogger section the last few years and there would be plenty of walkers in it, last year I went right to the front of my section and found it much easier, fewer walkers swerve around.

Edit: just seen on the website about the waves, hopefully that makes it less congested on the course for those hoping to have a good run of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Sad to be missing this, would love to have done it but will be in Cork as my OH is doing the marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Oh you need to have categories for a crowd that size! The problem was that people were being silly and going in the wrong pen and the organisers weren't strict enough about it. I was in the jogger section the last few years and there would be plenty of walkers in it, last year I went right to the front of my section and found it much easier, fewer walkers swerve around.

Edit: just seen on the website about the waves, hopefully that makes it less congested on the course for those hoping to have a good run of it.

I hope they’re strict about it though! If it’s just waves that people have to choose to go into you could have walkers up the front. They’ve generally been really strict with the sub 60 & sub 45 pens so I hope they keep that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

Anyone know what kind of waves they will have ? I know it was sub 45 , under 60, under 75 etc for past years. But can't see anything on it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Some good news from Vhi!

We are pleased to announce that those who register for the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon and pay the €23 registration fee will be able to get the full fee refunded if they have private medical insurance with Vhi.

Vhi customers can claim their €23 reward using the Snap & Send online claiming tool on the Vhi App. Members can ‘snap’ a photo of their registration fee receipt and ‘send’ it via the simple Snap & Send process. You can download the free Vhi App via the app store.

https://www.vhiwomensminimarathon.ie/vhi-newsletter-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

ToriV wrote:
    Anyone know what kind of waves they will have ? I know it was sub 45 , under 60, under 75 etc for past years. But can't see anything on it. Thanks

Crazy queues in Trinity for the race numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Crazy queues in Trinity for the race numbers!

Was there Friday collecting a number for the other half. Seemed to be more men than women collecting. What’s that about eh:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wifey had a great time, lovely day for it, lol at the diswasher tablet and clothes washing powder in the goodie bag..i'll get my coat.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nowaynever wrote: »
    Was there Friday collecting a number for the other half. Seemed to be more men than women collecting. What’s that about eh:confused:

lots of men under the thumb? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Great event. Wife was meant to run it, but was feeling a bit unwell so we watched at 1k and about 9k. Very spread out at the front for the first 50 ladies or so (at 9k), but a continuous flow of runners after that. Lots of people appreciative of the support for the last km. A hot day out there, well done to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

They were probably thinking the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Are the results up online anywhere yet or do I have to buy that Evening Hearld rag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Are the results up online anywhere yet or do I have to buy that Evening Hearld rag?

https://www.tdleventservices.co.uk/event-results/events?event=2885

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Early entries are available for the 2019 Women's Mini Marathon from today and for a limited time only.

This offer includes the free posting of your number. Please note T&C’s apply.

The event is due to take place on Sunday June 2nd 2019 at 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Early entries are available for the 2019 Women's Mini Marathon from today and for a limited time only.

This offer includes the free posting of your number. Please note T&C’s apply.

The event is due to take place on Sunday June 2nd 2019 at 2pm

Why for a limited time only? Its not like its going to sell out before March next year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

runrun2 wrote: »
    Why for a limited time only? Its not like its going to sell out before March next year

The limited time only offer is for the free posting of numbers.

The limited time only offer is for the free posting of numbers.

The number posting sold out early this year. It was not available by the time I registered. Got my early registration in last night - don't want to be queuing for race numbers again next year!

The number posting sold out early this year. It was not available by the time I registered. Got my early registration in last night - don't want to be queuing for race numbers again next year!
    Was there a limit on the amount of numbers being posted out? Usually there's a time deadline for getting your number posted out, not a restriction in the amount of numbers that can be posted out.

• Advertisement

Not sure. It was not available when I registered on 27th April.

As far as I am aware this was the first time that a postal option was available for the mini marathon.

Advertisement